"Youngbald" - Dr Feller patient - 4 months post op!

G

Amazing 4 month growth so far on Dr Feller patient "Youngbald"

Youngbald's write up post op on another forum and recent pics below:

Hello everyone.

After months of research and various consultations i finally took the hair transplant plunge and just had a 3500+ session with Dr Feller in New York. I was lucky enough to get some great information from reading through all the various forums which lead me to my decision to have my surgery with Dr Feller. I knew my requirements required a session of around 3000-4000 grafts and maybe more if i could get it and i was pleased that Dr Feller and his team achieved the grafts i needed in one surgery.

I had previously been very confused in the early stages as i had done quite a bit of research on the forums and compared myself to others who had similar loss and who had all received larger sessions to meet their goals. I consulted with a few clinics in the UK off the back of this research and soon realised the UK surgeons were not quite up to the challenge as i had previously been informed through my research .I consulted with 3 clinics here and the range of grafts they estimated were from 1000 up to 1800 grafts and these were all be done in the front 1/3 /half area.

I was lucky enough to know that these estimates were far too low for what i wanted to achieve and would not have provided my with difference at all even though i explained my goal well and how i ideally wanted to address the entire hairline and front 3rd / half and also a little into the crown as all consultations in person i had all remarked i had good donor available. I had seen many pictures especially of hairlines and the number of grafts required to establish a very appropriate natural one and i think 1000-1500 are needed alone to create a good natural hairline. This is what i wanted as well as the area behind it filling in as i am high on the Norwood scale as you can see.

These consultations lead me to understand i was going to have to travel in order to solve my problem in one session as it was clear i would have to have 2 sessions here minimum and this is not what i wanted especially as i knew it could be done in one session by a more experienced clinic possibly. I finally decided that Dr Feller was the clinic for me after I discussed my goal over the phone with him via pictures and he agreed that a 3500+ -4000 graft session was definitely needed if not a few more to help me reach my goal via one session and to have the session performed appropriately. I only ever wanted to have one session for obvious reasons. I got a great feeling for him over the phone and felt very confident in going to him especially after all the very positive patient reviews on all the various forums. He did actually remark at the low graft counts estimated previously as he too could clearly see from my online pictures that i required far in excess of 1800 grafts!

I have just returned from New York and wanted to share with the readers what a great experience it was and how glad i am that i finally have taken the plunge. I intend to post pictures in several months to keep you informed but for know i just felt it important to share my story and experience so far. I highly recommend everyone does a great deal of research before doing anything regarding a transplant as the information is out there to help us, you just need to have the patience to sift through the confusion and false information.

I look forward to contributing and sharing my results as they happen as without the many contributors here before me i could have so easily made a very bad mistake of having a surgery that was inappropriate for my requirements without the knowledge and we need to make sure the readers are provided with the knowledge that will help them make a much more informed decision

c62Ejpg.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

DSC00914.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture050.jpg

4monthscomp.jpg

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people are lucky with their hairloss. Man what I would give to just be missing hair in the front like that. :(

G

Its all relative - but I appreciate this patient was an idea candidate and some are not.

This patients growth for only 4 months is quite remarkable also - Not the average growth rate!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Some people are lucky with their hairloss. Man what I would give to just be missing hair in the front like that. :(

I think complete loss can look better sometimes. I hate the fact my front piece is going away bit by bit with no particular pattern!

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No way is complete loss better. Do you know what I would give to just have front loss? I could shave it like I do now and there is MUCH MORE hair than I have now. You have loss in front, hair transplant is truly an option.