youngandbalding2's story

youngandbalding2

Reaction score
Hello iam 23 years old, and for as long as i can remember i've always have had thick set of hair, and since puberty i have had a pretty far receded hairline. but i didn't really care since i always had my hair long. however in may i decided to do the buzz cut, and afterwards i thought my hair looked kind of thin. i did'nt really think of it much since i had never had my hair this short before and figured it was a kinda "optical illusion". i've kept it fairly short since then but last month i tried to grow it back again since buzzing probably wasn't the greatest idea. and after a month of growing i realised that it probably wasn't coming back. my hair feels kinda of thick but my scalp is visible everywhere (i have a 2 mm buzz). my dad started balding at an early age so i probably have the genes for it, however none of uncles are bald. so for the longest time i thought of myself as "spared". but i am more and more realising my what probably is going on.
since my discovery(one friend pointed it out, everyone else i have asked says i am just imagining) i haven't really been able to focus on anything else.I haven't experienced any incresed shedding or anything but i guess shedding is harde to tell when you buzzed it down to only 2mm.
i ordered rogaine foam and started taking it a few days ago. i guess i will order generic finasteride when i get paid the next time and also start with nixoral. but in the mean time how do i cope with this, there are many other things in life i should concentrate on but somehow i just cant. the only thing i think of is my potential male pattern baldness. please give me some advice.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi there, just begin your chosen regime of medication and have faith in the fact that you will respond, lots of people do, especially around your age. Patience and persistance throughout the treatment will be the key, that is the best you can do for now :wink: .