young gun's story - (help please)

young gun

Reaction score
On the back of my head I have been getting these bumps for like the past year and they wont go away I keep getting them in the same spot. The spot itches and the bumps are like pimples. I was wondering if anybody knew of anything to get rid of this or what it is? Just some more info. I have been on propecia for 1 year and 4 months.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
how old are you? It could be as simple as acne.

Dark_Vegeta

Reaction score
i have been gettn pimples on my scalp,mainly at the sides and front,and they have only started since being on propecia,all i know is a pimple is caused by a hair that is growing,and the oil used to lub it up in the pore,gets cloged or produes to much oil,so i like to think of it as a positive thing,where this a pimple,theres a hair,but that could just be me :)

CCS

Reaction score
Here's my guess...

It could be an ingrown hair, as suggested, which would indicate a good response from Propecia. If so, put a hot damp or wet wash cloth on the bumps for 10 minutes, 3 times a day. that is what my hair transplant surgeon instructs her patients to do when their hair starts to grow out. It could also be an infection that has little to do with Propecia. Buy Nizoral 1%, which can clear up almost anything related to dandruff and redness. I'd do both at the same time. It could also be an allergic reaction to something, though I doubt it is from Propecia if it is only happening on your scalp and not the rest of your body. Are you using any topicals that could be causing this?

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. Ever since propecia ive had maybe 5 or 6 pretty itchy pimples on the side and back of my head. They seem to come and go, but at the exact same location!! Very weird... Im on my 11th month of propecia btw.