YouKnow's Story- (23)

YouKnow

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been lurking around this forum for a month or so and finally decided to sign up and interact. I am 23 and I first noticed my hair loss around six months ago. I had thought my hair looked thin around my cowlick, and my mom insisted it was just my cowlick and hair line, but then I went to my hairstylist and he told my that I was thinning on top. I immediatly freaked and started searching the web for answers. Like many others I started with a cheap solution found online. I ordered Procerin and Revita shampoo. I have been taking the procerin for about three months now and can say my hair has only gotten worse. I stopped using the topical solution because I do not believe the ingredients will do anything to help thicken my existing hair or grow new hair. I continue to take the pills because I know they are all around healthy for your hair, but I wont buy another batch. I think Revita at least helps a little, but I just ordered Nizoral as well. Moving on, I finally decided a little over a month ago to go the a dermatologist and get propecia. I now have been on propecia for a little over a month and am anxiously awaiting results. I would characterize myself as a diffuse thinner although it is much worse on the back of my head. My hair line has receeded a little but not too terribly. I do not think I need regrowth but rather overall thickening. I have not had any sheds or side effects yet so hopefully I can keep that up. I am waiting on adding rogaine until I see what kind of results I see with propecia in about 6-8 months. I have considered buzzing my head in the mean time, but I do not think I need that yet. I am hoping I can beat this hair loss thing, at least until I am done with law school and can afford expensive treatments. I will update you all with my progress and continue interacting. Talk to you all soon.

YouKnow

Reaction score
Just an update. I have been on finasteride for just over 2 months now. I dont see any improvement, but I dont really expect any yet. I am a little worried that the sides of my head seem to be thinning out though, but maybe that is just a shed. Do you shed all over your head? I cant say that I have noticed any excess shedding. I also have added msm, l-arginine, l-lysine, and estrogenex just to be safe. I did not want to get on any hardcore aromatose inhibitors, just something natural. Other than that I have not had any sides, and I am hoping that I start to see progress. In the first month I thought I had the lowered libido and shrunken penis, but it was just my mind playing tricks on me. I dont think I have gyno, I just think hearing about the side effects I all of a sudden started paying more attention to the little amount of fat on my chest. The only thing I notice is hairs growing in at my temples, which is strange since I thought I would see hairs in my crown first, but I will take what I can get. I also just started using nizoral 2%. It seems as though I have good and bad days with my hair. Some days I think "My hair doesnt look that bad, maybe im not losing hair, maybe I have Telogen Effluvium or something?" other days I think "Oh my god this sucks, I bet I wont react well to finasteride." I am trying to stay positive. I will give another update soon.