You Literally Have No Identity And Lack Fundamental Expressive Ability.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, it's not like I expect "support" because it's just a name change, and I know it's a little strange for some people but no need for anyone to be a douche about it (cough @blackg cough).

Actually I'll admit I normally don't like when others change their name, it's just like, stick with it, that's how we know you. But h.l. was just such a throwaway name that it just had to go. Also the amount of people who thought it was "h.i.", though some of them were particularly retarded when they kept "@"-ing my name and never noticed it didn't bring anything up.

I rarely watch the Simpsons now unless it happens to be on after something I was watching, but it's been sh*t for a lot longer than people realise. It's now universally known as being bottom of the barrel sh*t, but it took a bad turn years and years ago, I mean Season 7 or 8 were the only last good ones, by 2001 or so it was pretty awful, and within 5 years became legitimately the worst written show on TV, and has held that title since. I hate Family Guy, Big Bang Theory, and a lot of other crap that seems to be spewing out from the US, but the new episodes of the Simpsons is in it's own bracket of being disturbingly sh*t.

loool i thought it was hi too for a long time

its so sad if it really has become that awful. i f*****g loved it man. especially rewatching the old episodes when i grew up a bit. i remember just hating some of the newer stuff they did, whenever that was, and just thinking was dogshit it was. never bothered with it since. ill have to watch a few recent episodes to see how bad its gotten since i lasted watched it

in general i cant stand stuff from the us. but the simpsons, back in the day, was f*****g amazing

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! It's mental health awareness week down here in Australia so this comment is rather offensive to me.

Give it some thought.

Well jeese if I knew it was mental health awareness week on the other side of the world I would've been more considerate!

Good for you pretending to be all moral and that, but can you crawl out from your own arse please? Nobody cares.

loool i thought it was hi too for a long time

its so sad if it really has become that awful. i f*****g loved it man. especially rewatching the old episodes when i grew up a bit. i remember just hating some of the newer they did, whenever that was, and just thinking was dogshit it was. never bothered with it since. ill have to watch a few recent episodes to see how bad its gotten since i lasted watched it

in general i cant stand stuff from the us. but the simpsons, back in the day, was f*****g amazing

You literally won't last 2 minutes watching the new Simpsons, I've tried it a few times, it's actually sickening. I have to turn away, I just have to.

At a friends once we made a conscious effort to see if we could get through to the first ad break, and after 5 minutes we were just like, f*** this, really can't take anymore- where's the remote?

That's how bad it is, you literally can't sit through it, you want it to stop.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You literally won't last 2 minutes watching the new Simpsons, I've tried it a few times, it's actually sickening. I have to turn away, I just have to.

At a friends once we made a conscious effort to see if we could get through to the first ad break, and after 5 minutes we were just like, f*** this, really can't take anymore- where's the remote?

That's how bad it is, you literally can't sit through it, you want it to stop.

how f*****g sad

the simpsons was wicked man. absolutely loved it. id piss myself at some episodes. such brilliant writing. why the f*** did they screw it up?

you say its sucked since 2001? there must be some people out there who like it still if its been airing for another 15 years.

perhaps only the americans watch it now @Afro_Vacancy ? :D:D

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how f*****g sad

the simpsons was wicked man. absolutely loved it. id piss myself at some episodes. such brilliant writing. why the f*** did they screw it up?

you say its sucked since 2001? there must be some people out there who like it still if its been airing for another 15 years.

perhaps only the americans watch it now @Afro_Vacancy ? :D:D

It's a mystery as to why the Simpsons is still going, it's more of an institution than anything, but it's not making the money required to pay the voice actors. Last year they had an episode with 3 million viewers, for any show to keep going on primetime TV they need at least 5 million, and it's not uncommon for shows with 7-10million viewers getting cancelled because they can't keep up the costs of it.

Of course it's in syndication all over the world which is a pretty big deal, maybe it has lengthy contracts running everywhere that's bring in the moolah. I know in America people have realised it's sh*t, but maybe in countries around Europe for example, people are still mindlessly watching it.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a mystery as to why the Simpsons is still going, it's more of an institution than anything, but it's not making the money required to pay the voice actors. Last year they had an episode with 3 million viewers, for any show to keep going on primetime TV they need at least 5 million, and it's not uncommon for shows with 7-10million viewers getting cancelled because they can't keep up the costs of it.

Of course it's in syndication all over the world which is a pretty big deal, maybe it has lengthy contracts running everywhere that's bring in the moolah. I know in America people have realised it's sh*t, but maybe in countries around Europe for example, people are still mindlessly watching it.

who knows

but why change it? why f*** with the formula? such great writing. so funny in so many ways. was the best stuff on tv by miles.

im gonna try and watch some new episodes in a bit, i gotta see how bad this show has got

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
who knows

but why change it? why f*** with the formula? such great writing. so funny in so many ways. was the best stuff on tv by miles.

im gonna try and watch some new episodes in a bit, i gotta see how bad this show has got

They didn't necessarily f*** with the formula they just ran out of steam, it got bland, and in trying to chase the genius they once had, they got really desperate. In that desperation they thought "people seem to like the wacky more zany elements of our show, so let's make it INSANELY wacky and zany!!!"

So then Marge became a bodybuilder, Lisa a stock car racer, Bart became a Mexican politician, whatever, it all just went completely nuts.

When it comes to absurdist humour that the Simpsons perfected, the writing is completely reliant on the fact that there is a solid base to work on. A believable story with an absurd twist is what makes it hilarious, when you remove the "believable" part, it just becomes like a random dream, which is exactly why Family Guy is so sh*t (though unlike the Simpsons it sometimes has it's few moments).

If you do watch it, let me know how far you make it.

blackg

Reaction score
When it comes to absurdist humour that the Simpsons perfected, the writing is completely reliant on the fact that there is a solid base to work on. A believable story with an absurd twist is what makes it hilarious, when you remove the "believable" part, it just becomes like a random dream..

Well we are talking about an animated show set it a fictional American town to begin with.
Hardly a base for believability.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well we are talking about an animated show set it a fictional American town to begin with.

Fictional American town yes, but Springfield is meant to be generic.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well that's ridiculous, I don't know if you're intentionally being sandy vagina'd after what I wrote before, but you are taking the notion of it being "believable" as in "Do I actually think a yellow cartoon family live in a place called Springfield?".

Even in sci-fi and folklore, whatever, there are stories that involve logic and rhythm that you "believe" as in, within that universe, you connect with the ideas that under these circumstances, regardless of how different they are to our own reality, it still makes sense. The logic of the characters, the sequence of events, this is all "believable" within the confines of that reality.

When Bart ends up working for the mob because he had to get an after-school job (one of the best episodes ever) it all made sense, the way things fell into place, his reasoning for being around the mob, the reasoning for the mobsters to see something in this kid they like, it all worked perfectly. From there they could be absurd, they set a solid base and tone, they could then make the mobsters silly, like real people but goofy, and that worked because of the believable context.

However, and this is going from memory from an episode I hated over 10 years ago, when Bart decides to legally emancipate himself from his father over something absolutely stupid (it was a really poorly constructed "argument" about how he couldn't leave the house or something ridiculous) and ends up living in an attic above a skating arena owned by Tony Hawk, then that is not a believable context, and not only were attempts at absurdist humour sh*t anyway, but the context ruined any chance of even wanting that episode to be funny.

So that's 2 examples of episodes then, and episodes "now" (they've been the same level of shittyness for the last 15 years so "now" is the same as 10 years ago). One is a believable context and a well thought out storyline where everything correlated, the other was a ridiculous reason to plug a guest celebrity, just for the sake of it.

blackg

Reaction score
Well that's ridiculous, I don't know if you're intentionally being sandy vagina'd after what I wrote before, but you are taking the notion of it being "believable" as in "Do I actually think a yellow cartoon family live in a place called Springfield?".

Even in sci-fi and folklore, whatever, there are stories that involve logic and rhythm that you "believe" as in, within that universe, you connect with the ideas that under these circumstances, regardless of how different they are to our own reality, it still makes sense. The logic of the characters, the sequence of events, this is all "believable" within the confines of that reality.

When Bart ends up working for the mob because he had to get an after-school job (one of the best episodes ever) it all made sense, the way things fell into place, his reasoning for being around the mob, the reasoning for the mobsters to see something in this kid they like, it all worked perfectly. From there they could be absurd, they set a solid base and tone, they could then make the mobsters silly, like real people but goofy, and that worked because of the believable context.

However, and this is going from memory from an episode I hated over 10 years ago, when Bart decides to legally emancipate himself from his father over something absolutely stupid (it was a really poorly constructed "argument" about how he couldn't leave the house or something ridiculous) and ends up living in an attic above a skating arena owned by Tony Hawk, then that is not a believable context, and not only were attempts at absurdist humour sh*t anyway, but the context ruined any chance of even wanting that episode to be funny.

So that's 2 examples of episodes then, and episodes "now" (they've been the same level of shittyness for the last 15 years so "now" is the same as 10 years ago). One is a believable context and a well thought out storyline where everything correlated, the other was a ridiculous reason to plug a guest celebrity, just for the sake of it.
I liked "sandy vagina."

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"h.l." was just a useless name, I only thought of it in a split second to probably ask about a treatment or something, I never thought I'd be here 2,000 posts later with that stupid name. It was literally just abbreviating Hair Loss.

Not that there's a huge amount put into this name, I decided I need to change my name (I actually have wanted to do this for a while) and was watching the Simpsons, and I like the name.

If I was to search for some kind of meaning to this, which I'm not sure there is, it's that in this clip Bart is being paraded as the lord of not giving a sh*t, and he proves that point even further by not giving his actual name, not taking credit, just to troll this guy, and the name he chooses is what makes it so funny.

But in a way almost all of us post here anonymously, without ever being known, without our friends or family ever knowing, our thoughts and jokes laid out here and we'll never get credit for it. My name isn't Rudiger, and nobodies names represent who they are, but nobody cares, all sense of narcissism goes out the window in that sense, we just post for the hell of it.

how do you change your name man? i want to change mine because i use this username for everything else and i didn't think it through when i made the account that i am putting my privacy at risk.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you change your name man? i want to change mine because i use this username for everything else and i didn't think it through when i made the account that i am putting my privacy at risk.

I pm'd WolfPack and also Admin as someone said Wolf wasn't online the last few days, but he also requested with Admin shortly after.