Yet another propecia user question.....

jeffsss

Reaction score
I've been on propecia since the end of august.

I've been pretty steadily losing hair over the past 2 months. I know hair cycles are typically 3 months.. etc...

so I wont see any results for at least another month correct? are the hairs that I've lost gone for good or is there hope that they'll be back?

it makes me sick to my stomach to look at my hair under light when i can see my scalp all the way though my head. but i'm scared to use rogaine b/c of all the nasty sheds you get.

I think it's best to stick with my regimine for a while to see how it works.. but how long should i wait to add otehr things to my regimine?

jeffsss

Reaction score
whoops. i meant to put this thread in the propecia section.. sorry HairLossTalk.com.

SE-freak

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
I've been on propecia since the end of august.

I've been pretty steadily losing hair over the past 2 months. I know hair cycles are typically 3 months.. etc...

so I wont see any results for at least another month correct? are the hairs that I've lost gone for good or is there hope that they'll be back?

Propecia is said to kick in after the 3rd month mark. It can do so earlier, later or not at all. If you are asking if it is possible to get some serious hair back, it is. Especially that recently lost. No guarantees here either.

it makes me sick to my stomach to look at my hair under light when i can see my scalp all the way though my head.

Joing the club.

but i'm scared to use rogaine b/c of all the nasty sheds you get
Using rogaine or not depends on the goal that you have, judging from your present condition. If you need to regrow serious amounts of hair, then you will need a stimulant. The shed from rogaine is not certain, but it is noticeable sometimes. I don't think this should be taken into account though, as you are getting into a long fight and the following few months are of minimal importance.

I think it's best to stick with my regimine for a while to see how it works..?

Yes. Consistency is presupposed here. If you start jumping around like a rabbit you have minimal chances for success.

but how long should i wait to add otehr things to my regimine
You have chosen not to include stimulants in your regimen. You should wait for at least a full year before evaluating the results you got from propecia alone. If you really have to add something then do so with 6 month intervals between the latest addition and the next one.

Bottom line: You will have to decide on a strategy based on your present situation, your goals and the fact that hair loss fight is a long term fight. You will need duration= options for later. If you did all that 2 months ago, then there is no need to jump around. Give it time.