Yep, Another Regimen Thread. New Guys Take A Look.

Xwave

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
As I'm sure you all can see I'm new to the site. I felt compelled to sign up and write something (if it was appreciated or not) about my personal experience.

I first started noticing thinning about 22 years old. I went on rogaine and propecia and managed to maintain, with slight regrowth, for about 18 months. The reason it was 18 months was I thought I was getting side effects. I started looking on the forums and got so freaked out I stopped the finasteride, and shockingly I started loosing my hair again. So I kept with the now kirkland minoxidil instead of rogaine, 3ml everynight to make sure I had my whole head covered (I'm a defuse thinner).

Stuck with just the minoxidil up to 26 years old and its slowed my hairloss, but I am drastically thinner than I used to be, not so much so that my balding is very obvious (I caught the initial hairloss very early). So I decided to pop back on the finasteride, and after 4 days I had slight brain fog, hot flushes, my eyes felt dry, insomnia, just really weird stuff. Unsurprisingly I then stopped immediately. Left it 3 weeks and tried again but took one pill (1mg) every 2 days for a week, then one everyother day for a week, then one every day. Its been that way for 3 months and I have had zero sides. Literally zero, no ball pain, issues with my old chap, nothing!

So I decided to ramp it up. I now take 10mg biotin, 40mg zinc and 1mg finasteride every morning for 6 days a week, the other 1 day a week I swap the finasteride for 0.5mg of dutasteride. Every evening I use 3ml of minoxidil on my hair and 1ml trinov. This has now been my routine for 5 months and I have had excellent results. Really strong regrowth and the hair itself looks healthier and stronger. I will of course post pictures in due course.

I'm a strong believer in not "shocking" your body with a hormone change and doing this gradually as I did.

The reason I'm telling you all this is more towards the new guys. Dont be put off by what you read, you have to try it otherwise you may have lost your hair for no good reason at all. I wish someone would have told me this all those years ago.

I am not a doctor, I have no medical experience or qualifications. This is purely amateur advice from my own personal experience with the drugs mentioned above.

All the best chaps.