Yeah, yeah, another "newbie"

Hinde

Reaction score
The essentials: I'm 23.5 years old. I first noticed that my hair was thinning about five months ago, but in retrospect I realize that the process started a year or more prior to that.

To me, my hair is noticeably thinner. My scalp is grainy, itchy, and tingly all over (although sometimes less so, thanks to Nizoral and T-Gel). Others -- my parents, roommates, ex-girlfriend -- can't really tell, yet. I know because I've asked. I've been taking Propecia for 37 days now and it has had no effect. I've read everything on this forum dozens of times. I know about sheds, the Propecia patience period, etc.

And still I can't help but ask...is there anything to hope for? Is there a realistic chance that my hair loss will stop for a year, two years, five, 10? I know, I know...83%...two years...only 1% with visible hair loss...

But, come on. Right now, after a shower, my hair is more manageable than ever. I'd be so happy to keep what I have. But, come on. Can anyone out there offer comfort or assurance that everything *might* be ok.

I'm in NYC and would even gladly become a metrosexual in exchange for everlasting hair.

JiveTurkey

Reaction score
Dude, it sounds like you and I are in EXACTLY the same situation (except I live in Jersey. Gonna be in the city tonight, though).

I've been on Propecia for a few weeks short of a year, and everything seems to be holding tight. I just recently started using minoxidil on my temples. . .they're not too bad, but I'd like to see if I can fill them in a liiiiiittle bit more.

Metrosexual? Dude, you don't even want to know the bargains I've made with myself "if oooonnnly I could keep my hair!!" :p

Axon

Reaction score
My regimen as I've listed it has stopped my hairloss for 18 months. I've also regrown a considerable amount of hair.

I've also added T-Gel to substitute for T/Sal. I like to change it up every so often.

I'm an extremely cynical person and I did not think this would work for me. However, things have been great and I have no complaints. 37 days is not a long time; patience is not a virtue of mine either, but I suggest you give it a little more time.

Hinde

Reaction score
Thanks. Axon, if I may ask, how old are you? JiveTurky, I was born and raised in the Dirty Jerz...Good place to be from (unless it's the Turnpike's pollutants that besieged my hair).