YAY!! Did it .. ordered Proscar from Dr Ashcroft!!

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Well after thinking about it for about 3monts, i have FINALLY done the deed and called Dr Ashcroft tonight, had a great chat with him and he is a really nice guy.. so i ordered it and will be hopefully having my 1yr supply coming to me shortly.. GBP 120 poorer but if it atleast helps thicken what i have i will be VERY HAPPY!!

Wish me luck, i will keep you guys posted over the next couple of months...

I have to find a pill cutter now and will cut them up into 1/4...

Alittle excited... alittle nervous but hopefully .. FOR NOW!!! :O)

Al

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You will need to give it at least 12 months before you can assess if its working for you, best of luck, buying from Dr Ashcroft is by far the cheapest way.

I cut my pills into 1/5th's

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

thanks for the reply, i was gonna ask , How do you cut it into 1/5ths, as i have read it crumbles if you try and do more then 1/4 ??

I am planning on buying a pill cutter , if that is the best way?

Are you using Proscar ?? and if so , how is it going ??

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Who the hell is Dr Ashcroft? You dont need to talk to a doctor to get on finasteride. You just order it from one of thousands of interenet suppliers, its far from rocket sciece :shock:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Who the hell is Dr Ashcroft? You dont need to talk to a doctor to get on finasteride. You just order it from one of thousands of interenet suppliers, its far from rocket sciece :shock:

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes i realise that , however Dr Ashcroft was recommended on this forum for guys in the UK , and in all fairness, GBP 120 for 1yr supply is goo value i think ..

I just hope it works!!!!!! i have thinning only at the front, which i am hoping with thicken up , as i generally have alot of hair on the sides and back , just the front is thinner and i want thickening up......

So fingers crossed.. :O)

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:

Dr Ashcroft will sell you proscar, he will ask you questions about your health etc and then post genuine proscar to you once he is happy that you are suitable.

As well as the proscar being genuine, he will give you a letter to give to your own GP (family doctor) just in case they don't know anything about finesteride and its benefits to treating hairloss.

Also when you do your math, the cost works out at about £8 ($15) a month.

Dr Ashcroft is also a hairloss sufferer and takes proscar too.

albar05 said:
Hey,

How do you cut it into 1/5ths, as i have read it crumbles if you try and do more then 1/4 ??

I am planning on buying a pill cutter , if that is the best way?

Are you using Proscar ?? and if so , how is it going ??

I use a pill cutter, I nibble the top of the pill and swallow that as a days dose, I then use the pill cutter to cut the squared off pill into quarters, I put them in an old asprin bottle and take one quarter every evening.

I have been taking proscar for about 16 months, I seem to have regular sheds but I haven't noticed any further loss, I experienced side effects during the first few months but I rode it out.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Proscar has certainly helped imrove my hair too, I have very fine hair and its now a lot thicker.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Lucky UK,

Thanks for your reply, gives me hope that this will help to thicken the hair i have.. that is all i want.. i am by no mean bald, but its so thin at the front i can see my scalp now.. and am getting paranoid about my hair constantly!!! .. all i want is more hair! its so stupid coz the sides and back grow soooooo fast and thick.. and the front is so thin and sh**!! :O( .. makes me really depressed sometimes, as i have always been one of those people that appreicates having a cool hairstyle and looking good.!!

I tried to do the shaved look once and i look horrible!! and i REALLY do no want to go back there!!

How long before you saw a good difference .. ??? i know i have to be patient but even just the slightest improvement would be great..

When you say sheds, do you mean your hair look worse or that more hair fell out then usual.. coz i am actually not having ANY shedding or hair loss when i wash my hair etc... its just gotten thinner over time.. graduallly..

I have using DNC for about 2weeks, but my hair just looked horrible! i was so paranoid that it was making it worse i stopped using it!

Thanks again form your help.. its nice to have someone who know what i am going through and can give alittle of support and advice...

oh , when you say sides, what did you experience .. ? hope nothing to horrible..

Al

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi albar05

albar05 said:
Hey Lucky UK,

I tried to do the shaved look once and i look horrible!! and i REALLY do no want to go back there!!
Al
Yeah me too, I looked like a hooligan, so I opted for a hair transplant to sort the hairline out

albar05 said:
Hey Lucky UK,
How long before you saw a good difference .. ??? i know i have to be patient but even just the slightest improvement would be great..
Al
I noticed an improvement within about 5 months of taking proscar, I started shortly before my transplant but my non transplanted hair just started to look better and thicker.

albar05 said:
Hey Lucky UK,
When you say sheds, do you mean your hair look worse or that more hair fell out then usual.. coz i am actually not having ANY shedding or hair loss when i wash my hair etc... its just gotten thinner over time.. graduallly..
Al
Its hard to say but I notice heavy shedding during the fall of seasons is where my hair looks worse, I notice more hairs in the sink and on my pillows

albar05 said:
Hey Lucky UK,
oh , when you say sides, what did you experience .. ? hope nothing to horrible..
Al

Hmm, the sides were bearable but I did have a bout of lethargy and my sperm was more watery and I had a lower sex drive but it raises to the occasion when required, it has improved slightly and I can live with it.

Hope this helps :)

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
hey lucky uk

Cheers for all your answers. Your ace! Feel really positive about the start its day four today and feeling good and positive, I guess just knowing I am doing something is helping .

Gonna post some pics up soon, have u posted any pics up ?

Improvement after 5 months sounds great.. I know I can not expect miracles but just thickness would be awesome!!

Where did u have your hair transplant? Was it very expensive and did it work well? I have great thick hair all over my head apart from the temples and fringe which is thin and horrible so maybe its something I should look into?

Thanks again for your great help and look forward to hearing more..

Al :)