Yahoo! I see some results!

UnReal27

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know if this is a complete success story yet..but thought it is a step in the right direction. So, after about 7 weeks on minoxidil. and dutas, I see some regrowth on my temples. Much of it appears to be vellous hairs, but I can also see areas where short black hairs are sprouting up. The growth extends as far as a cm below my hairline. Not really a cause for a major celebration I guess, but still it's good news I hope. There's also some wierd hair growth around my eyebrows, but apaprently some people experience an increase in facial hair growth and I'm one of them. btw, I'm a diffuse thinner and had previously been on finasteride alone without any results for about a year. Currently using 5% kirkland, Dutas and nizoral.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, minoxidil gave me bushy eyebrows, peach fuzz all over my forehead, and made dark hair grow between my eyebrows. It also opened up the pores all over my face and body, making them secrete more oil and my skin more acne prone as a result. The pores on my nose were HUGE after a couple years of usage alone. Maybe that's how minoxidil works? By enlarging pores? I gave up minoxidil for finasteride, and the oily skin and acne is gone. The pores have shrunken up too with the help of AHA.

With finasteride, the first thing I noticed within a couple months were short dark hairs on the sides of my forehead, growing in front of the hair line. It almost forms a shadow of where former full hairs were. Granted, my temple recession is only 2-4mm, but I noticed. The new growth was really clear when it is wet. Progress has been a little slower over the past several weeks (3 months total). But I can't really complain. It took ~2 years for my hairline to recede to the point where I noticed, so I figured it'll take that long to grow back.

UnReal27

Reaction score
Hey sub, did those short little hairs grow into big hairs eventually? Im hoping this peach fuzz will grow into thicker hair

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
UnReal27 said:
Hey sub, did those short little hairs grow into big hairs eventually? Im hoping this peach fuzz will grow into thicker hair

No, they never grew out. Basically, minoxidil just made my whole face fuzzy.

UnReal27

Reaction score
How long were you on minoxidil. before giving up? I see like peachfuzz hairs but I also see little black hairs all over my upper temple.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably a little over a year. I noticed those fine "minoxidil hairs" weren't growing out, and my skin was too acne prone for me to handle. In retrospect, I wish I had just started on finasteride right away instead of wasting hundreds on minoxidil and the special minoxidil solutions from Dr. Lee.

UnReal27

Reaction score
Subliminal, sorry to keep bugging you :( just 1 more question. Did you have any growth (aside from the peachfuzz) around your temple? I do see short little black hairs close to and surrounding my hairline but ...is it just me or are they growing at an extremely slow rate? But it's also only been 8 weeks. I'm most likely being obsessive over it. I'm also on dutas but doubt that I will see those effects in such a short period of time.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw short colored hairs along my temples, basically where my hairline was before. They never grew out to full length. My body hair seemed to get a little thicker too.

exchangemind

Reaction score
finasteride?

Hello,

What is the exact name of finasteride.

As i have tried with minoxodil 2% & Later 5% still my hairfall was all the time the same.

Please reply

Thanks

Exchangemind

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Finasteride or Propecia.

Unreal, I first started getting peach fuzz in the temple area about 4 months into minoxidil. They have since grown into terminal hairs... they are still getting thicker-- they are about 3/4 the full size and pigment of my other hairs... I have tons more vellous hairs around the temple area where I didn't used to have hair there before.

I'm optimistic.

UnReal27

Reaction score
Aplunk, that's good news. Sounds similar to the changes in my hairline. It's been about 10 weeks and it seems like those tiny blacks hair are finally growing longer. Just wish my crown would hurry up and improve! My front however has definitely seen an improvement (fingers crossed). Rubbing that greasy minoxidil. gunk in my hair everyday looks like it might pay off in the long run. I wonder when / if I'll see regrowth from the dutas though. I'm hesitant to start celebrating yet, it's too painful realizing otherwise.