Xandrox15 - how long til I know if it is working for me?

shawn12345

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been using Rogaine Foam for a couple of years now, and recently decided to switch one my night application of minoxidil to Xandrox15 w/o Propylene Glycol, since the Rogaine Foam was not really doing much for me.

It's been ~3 months since adding Xandrox, but I have not seen any improvements. How long should I wait before trying something else instead? If I don't see any improvements by the cutoff date, I plan on going back to Rogaine Foam and adding Prox-N. Is this a good plan?

Thanks for the help!
Shawn

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
shawn12345 said:
Hello everyone, I have been using Rogaine Foam for a couple of years now, and recently decided to switch one my night application of minoxidil to Xandrox15 w/o Propylene Glycol, since the Rogaine Foam was not really doing much for me.

It's been ~3 months since adding Xandrox, but I have not seen any improvements. How long should I wait before trying something else instead? If I don't see any improvements by the cutoff date, I plan on going back to Rogaine Foam and adding Prox-N. Is this a good plan?

Thanks for the help!
Shawn

The cutoff date? Treatments for male pattern baldness can take up to a year before you see improvement.

shawn12345

Reaction score
So should I wait until the year mark to switch back to Rogaine Foam exclusively, and add Prox-N?

Ideally, I would like to add Prox-N NOW, but then if it started working, I would not know which product caused the gains.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
That is the catch 22 of using multiple hair loss treatments. They are both very good treatments so I would assume that you would see benefits from using both in combination. I don't have any first hand experience with Dr. Proctors products yet, but the active ingredients list is impressive (especially in Proxiphen). Plus they were recommended to me by Bryan. I will likely be adding Proxiphen to my current regimen in the near future.

ditto

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I'm using Xandrox 15% in evening and Xandrox 5%(no PPG) in morning for 5 months, Results: NO improvement, Still losing hair. Should i keep the ball rolling or jump to a different kind of treatment like Proxiphen-N etc., ?

Thank you!

Regards,
Ditto

Current Regimen:
Propeica
Xandrox
Nizrol

shawn12345

Reaction score
ditto said:
Hello Friends,
I'm using Xandrox 15% in evening and Xandrox 5%(no PPG) in morning for 5 months, Results: NO improvement, Still losing hair. Should i keep the ball rolling or jump to a different kind of treatment like Proxiphen-N etc., ?

Thank you!

Regards,
Ditto

Current Regimen:
Propeica
Xandrox
Nizrol

This is my exact situation, except I've been on Xandrox for about 3 months. My question is the same... since I am still losing hair also. But I do think that 3 months is not long enough. I think if I hit the 6 month mark and no improvements are seen, then I will go for Prox-N.

ditto

Reaction score
Hello Shawn12345,
I'm using xandrox 15 for almost 6 months but NOT much improvement, still shedding. What do you use in morning, Xandrox (ppg/no ppg) or regular minoxidil?

Regards,
Ditto

Current Regimen:
Xandrox 5 (no ppg) AM
Xandrox 15 PM
Propecia
Nizrol.

shawn12345

Reaction score
I use Xandrox 15 (no ppg) at night, and Rogaine Foam in the morning.

Propecia 1x daily as well, and Nizoral every few days.

I also will put Tricomin on my head every so often also... I find it has a cooling effect.

ditto

Reaction score
Hello Shawn,
Any positive/negative comments about Tricomin (slight regrowth, cosmetic appearance)? And when do you apply Tricomin?

Thanks & Regards,
Ditto

shawn12345

Reaction score
I don't really use it every day, and so don't really see any results from it. It really just helps my head feel better if it is itchy.

I am skeptical that Tricomin really does much... from what I have read, I think the better version is Prox-N, which I am going to try once I am certain that Xandrox is not doing anything for me.

My question is... should I wait until the year mark to conclude that Xandrox does not work? Or can I conclude that at the 6 month mark? You would think that there would be at least SOME gains by the 6 month mark if it is supposed to work.

ditto

Reaction score
Hi Shawn,
I'm on Xandrox 15 for 6 months but still shedding and NO improvement, so i placed an order for prox-n (adding one more product to my current regimen). But everyone is different so I think you can wait until 6 months and if no improvement then modify your regimen.

Will keep you posted how things are going after adding prox-n.

Regards,
Ditto.

Current Regimen:
Xandrox
Propecia
Nizrol.