Xandrox 5 or 15? (pics)

swishbish33

Reaction score
Which of the Xandrox solutions is the best? Would Xandrox be the appropriate action for my temples? My hair is not thinning anywhere else but on the temples.

left7my.th.jpg

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
xandrox 5.
if you haven't used minoxidil 5 yet, use xandrox 5 first.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
xandrox 5 has azelaic acid which has been proved to inhibit dht in in-vitro studies. It is still a controversy, however Dr. Lee swears by it.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
DOn't give Dr Lee your money. He is just a rip off artist. Anyone who charges 20 dollars for the right to be able to purchase something from him that he is already marking up at a considerable profit does not deserve your money.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dinzy seems to hate Dr. Lee.
Any physician cannot dispense prescriptions items without prescription.
you can get male pattern baldness prescription and send it to Dr. Lee. He will accept it (you don't have to pay the 20$).
I/others may not agree with all of his products and claims (azelaic acid).
But he is not a cheat. Calling him a cheat is wrong.
His regular minoxidil is cheaper than rogaine and everyone knows that is superior in drying time and cosmetic application.

His shipping charges are the best. (No handling charges). I have ordered from dr. Proctor, our HairLossTalk.com website, and 10 other sites for hairloss.
his shipping charges are the best and his time is the shortest.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with techprof.

His minoxidil is more expensive but it drys much quicker and a quick fact that most people overlook is that a standard bottle of Dr Lee's minoxidil is actually 65mls.

swishbish33

Reaction score
So based on the pictures above, is Xandrox 5% the best way to go for me? Or just plain ol Rogaine? Or spironolactone? I want to start, I'm afraid of using Propecia as I'm on other daily drugs already and don't want to mess with my hormones at a young age, so it looks like topicals is the way to go for me?

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
If you wanna hit those temples hard, go for xandrox 5% followed 15 minutes later by Dr Lee's 5% spironolactone cream. The cream will actually help with the absorption of the xandrox.

Product 600
5% Xandrox

Quantity and Ingredients:
65 mL. 5% minoxidil (50 mg minoxidil / mL) plus 5% azelaic acid (50 mg azelaic acid
/ mL) in a liquid base of 50% alcohol, 30% propylene glycol, 20% water

How long does 65 mL last?
65 mL is a 1 month supply when used twice daily as directed or 2 months supply when
used once a day and in combination with 5% Xandrox plus retinoic acid at night.

Directions:
Apply 1 mL of 5% Xandrox liquid twice daily at least eight hours apart. It is important
to apply the topical Xandrox directly to your scalp, where the medicine will be
most effective. Fill the medicine dropper with 1 mL of liquid. If you have pattern
baldness, apply the 5% Xandrox liquid to the areas of hair recession or balding
areas. If your hair loss is generalized, part your hair in as many as six places
and apply a portion of the 5% Xandrox liquid in the medicine dropper to each of
these areas. You can use your fingertips to spread the fluid more evenly and to
lightly rub the topical Xandrox into your scalp. In solution form, it is the alcohol
that allows for penetration of minoxidil into the scalp, so massaging the scalp
has no appreciable benefit. Even though the Xandrox may not be evenly distributed
on the scalp, there is sufficient diffusion in the layers under the surface of the
skin to allow for effective total coverage. Although it is desirable to leave minoxidil
on the scalp all day before the next application, much of the absorption occurs
within the first 1 hour. If you desire to swim, blow dry, or shampoo your hair after
applying minoxidil, wait from 1½ hour to 2 hours before doing so.

A consistent, twice/day application is the most efficient manner to use topical
5% Xandrox to treat male pattern baldness. Most patients will have a satisfactory
response to 5% Xandrox (at the vertex) in 4 to 6 months. However, if after 6 months
of treatment with the liquid, you find that there are remaining areas that are poorly
responsive, you may want to consider using Xandrox15 or 5% spironolactone in addition
to 5% Xandrox solutions.

After two to three years of treatment, most patients can maintain the hair growth
with a single daily application of 5% Xandrox. It is unlikely that you will recruit
any more hair follicles to restore a thicker hair shaft unless you take more aggressive
measures with either Xandrox15 or the additional use of 5% spironolactone or both.

Warnings:
Initial Shedding: Topical Xandrox can cause an initial mild increase in shedding.
However, it's important to realize that the sustained use of topical minoxidil will
result in an improvement in the number and quality of the hairs on your scalp.

Minoxidil allows hair that is already in the telogen phase to shed. Normally, the
hair shaft sheds at the end of the telogen phase. 10% of normal hair is in the
telogen phase, but in areas affected by male pattern baldness up to 20% of thinning, miniaturized
follicles are in the telogen phase. This is why minoxidil induced shedding may appear
so dramatic when it affects thinning hair. The hair shafts, which are shed, will
be replaced at the end of the telogen phase with healthier hair. On the other hand,
untreated male pattern baldness will result in progressive miniaturization of the hair follicles.

Tolerance:
There are misconceptions about minoxidil and 'tolerance'. Minoxidil will help to
recruit atrophic follicles to grow thicker hair again for about two years (sometimes
as long as three years). Beyond that time, it continues to help keep the hair in
the anagen phase, so the new hair has a longer anagen phase.

But, because most patients do not see any significant continued improvement after
a few years, they are assuming that the minoxidil has caused a tolerance and is
no longer working. If they are unfortunately convinced to stop minoxidil treatment,
the hair that they have regrown will shed again in 3-4 months.

Side Effects: Although rare, patients who are sensitive to the minoxidil in Xandrox
can experience a rapid heart rate, a drop in blood pressure and water retention.
As a result, they may experience headaches, dizziness, chest pain and/or edema of
the ankles. If that happens, the patients should discontinue any formulas containing
minoxidil. In our experience, these side effects have occurred in less than 0.1%
of patients.

Storage Instructions: Do not refrigerate. Keep at room temperatures
Product 205
5% Spironolactone Lotion

Quantity and Ingredients:
2 oz / 60 grams. 5% spironolactone (50mg spironolactone / gm) in a lotion base
of water, aloe vera gel, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, alkyl octanoate, mineral oil,
dimethicone, tocopherol acetate, magnesium aluminum silicate, sorbitol, disodium
EDTA, methylparaben, dimethlydimethyl hydantoin.

How long does 2 oz last?
Depending on frequency of application and the amount applied, 2 oz is usually a
1 to 2 months' supply.

Directions:
Using your fingertips, apply a small amount of the 5% Spironolactone Lotion to those
areas of the scalp in which the hair is thinning/receding. Use only the amount necessary
to create a thin film of 5% Spironolactone Lotion in the affected area(s).

For optimal results, the 5% Spironolactone Lotion should be applied two times per
day at least eight hours apart.

If you are going to apply the 5% Spironolactone lotion only once per day, make the
application at night.

swishbish33

Reaction score
I'm worried about sheds. Right now, I can cover the temples to a point. But it's a bandaid on a broken leg in my opinion.

Can the minoxidil cause a shed that will make my hair worse than it is? For more than a few weeks? I mean, I don't have a problem wearing a hat when my appearance matters for a little while, but I don't want my hair to get worse, then forget to put on (I'm still young enough to pull it off).

Thanks guys.

Here are some updated pictures:

Left temple

Right temple

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
swishbish33 said:
I'm worried about sheds. Right now, I can cover the temples to a point. But it's a bandaid on a broken leg in my opinion.

Can the minoxidil cause a shed that will make my hair worse than it is? For more than a few weeks? I mean, I don't have a problem wearing a hat when my appearance matters for a little while, but I don't want my hair to get worse, then forget to put on (I'm still young enough to pull it off).

Thanks guys.

Here are some updated pictures:

Left temple

Right temple

Yes the minoxidil will shed the crappy hairs that are being affected by DHT and hopefully regrow thicker ones in about 3 months from the time of the shed.