XANDROX 15 ??????

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
helou...

I've been using regular minoxidil 5% for about 4-5 months, and I didn't see any results, except some white hairs on my temples but they didn't grow up.. i stopped using minoxidil, i think 1.5 month ago

I'm going to shave my head, so I'll try again with everything...

my q is, do you think that xandrox 15 is for me? I need it only on my temples...

why do I need put in AM regular minoxidil and in PM xandrox15??

will it work only with xandrox15 once a day?? I hate waiting for my dry skin after regular minoxidil :wink:

THANK YOU!

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i will say use 5% longer... there is very little evident that 15% is indeed much more better than 5%...

from 2% to 5% give you 150% more minoxidil which bring about 30% improvement...

further increase in dosage most likely bring even smaller improvement... but that might be all you need...

so if you are willing to spend the money and try, go ahead...

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
gand said:
helou...

I've been using regular minoxidil 5% for about 4-5 months, and I didn't see any results, except some white hairs on my temples but they didn't grow up.. i stopped using minoxidil, i think 1.5 month ago

I'm going to shave my head, so I'll try again with everything...

my q is, do you think that xandrox 15 is for me? I need it only on my temples...

why do I need put in AM regular minoxidil and in PM xandrox15??

will it work only with xandrox15 once a day?? I hate waiting for my dry skin after regular minoxidil :wink:

THANK YOU!

Give the 5% a minimum of 6 months before going to stronger dosage (according to Dr. Lee). If you see gains, stick w/ the 5% purely for financial reasons. That xandrox15 is a pain anyway. Like putting glue on your head.

In late June once it becomes available, I'm going w/ Dr. Lee's new clean non-oily 12.5% minoxidil. That might be an option for you too after your 6 months on the 5% is done.

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you!!!!!

so, it is better to wait 2 months and than buy this minoxidil ?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
gand said:
thank you!!!!!

so, it is better to wait 2 months and than buy this minoxidil ?

Yes.

gand

Established Member
Reaction score
and.. what about 12.5 lotion ????

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
12.5 lotion is not rated highly even by Dr. Lee.

I know that you are excited and want to jump on the best treatment available.
unfortunately even Dr. Lee cannot prove that xandrox 15 is better than regular 5% minoxidil in recruiting hairs. the sad thing is that xandrox 15 could be worser than 5% minoxidil.

If after using 5% minoxidil for 2 years you are not satisfied jump on to higher concentrations.

mgmt

Reaction score
techprof said:
12.5 lotion is not rated highly even by Dr. Lee.

I know that you are excited and want to jump on the best treatment available.
unfortunately even Dr. Lee cannot prove that xandrox 15 is better than regular 5% minoxidil in recruiting hairs. the sad thing is that xandrox 15 could be worser than 5% minoxidil.

If after using 5% minoxidil for 2 years you are not satisfied jump on to higher concentrations.

I acutally just began using the Xandrox 15 about a 1-2 months ago and man it's a pain.. I only use it at night (as recommended), but even when I wake up in the morning, this stuff still doesn't feel dry! Maybe I jumped the gun in my research and was simply looking for the most "powerful" topical..

I asked Dr Lee about spironolactone, but he recommended I try the 5% am/15% pm combo first. I'm beginning to wonder what's decent and what's completetly useless in terms of the results I'm looking for. What I'd like to know is this, based on users experiences/research, what is the most effective DHT blocking topical? If any...

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi MGMT

I'd suggest you start a new post in the General Treatment Discussion forum if you actually want answers to this questions.

Having been around these boards for over 3 years now, I can tell you the various answers you'll get are:

1. Spironolactone
2. Nizoral
2. Revivogen
3. Proctor's topicals
4. Azelaic Acid
5. Zix / Saw Palmetto / all manner of unproven topicals

As for me, I'd like to see the results of such a survey. The finasteride has done a great job in holding off my hairloss for the past ~ 3.3 years or so. My minoxidil applications have been less than recommended though.

I'm not sure if I need some topical DHT blocking or better consistency with growth agents to improve further.

Def

mgmt

Reaction score
Def,

Thanks for the response and suggestion. I've done pleanty of reading on the boards (and several others) in search of the best possible choice among topical DHT blockers. The combinations of answers, manufacturers followed by the typical "educate youself" response, doesn't help matters. I mean hell, aren't we all here because of the same reason?

To often posters seems defensive or aggitated when someone asks a question, to which they feel above answering. Anyhow, let me see if this site has a "poll" option.

mgmt

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mgmt said:
I acutally just began using the Xandrox 15 about a 1-2 months ago and man it's a pain.. I only use it at night (as recommended), but even when I wake up in the morning, this stuff still doesn't feel dry! Maybe I jumped the gun in my research and was simply looking for the most "powerful" topical..

I asked Dr Lee about spironolactone, but he recommended I try the 5% am/15% pm combo first. I'm beginning to wonder what's decent and what's completetly useless in terms of the results I'm looking for. What I'd like to know is this, based on users experiences/research, what is the most effective DHT blocking topical? If any...

Dr. Lee advised me the same. But I went for the spironolactone. Seems like most of the people out here are not happy with Xandrox 15 and hence I went for the spironolactone.