Wts3's Big 3 + Dermarolling Journey

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One picture density update. Top is looking good. Probably because I took out Nizoral. Heh, only doing finasteride out of the big 3 in my title now. Nizoral made my hair look and feel like cotton candy shite. If you are a fellow diffuse thinner I would suggest switching to a shampoo that doesn't dry you're hair out so much and give it the wispy look.

The wounding at 1.5-2mm + castor oil has produced a ton of velus hairs around the NW1 temple region. If I get any progress from it, of course you all will be the first to know! However I've heard that these hairs tend to reach only a certain length and not contribute to cosmetic appearance of the hair.

I will continue researching and experimenting on myself. Some days I want to give up and buzz it just because of the anxiety and emotions caused by hair loss. My NW2 is very thin st the front still and I'm always anxious that it could quickly progress to NW3 just as quickly as I progressed to NW2. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 847

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screw it I pushed all the hair up so the my hairline is visible. Here is an update on that.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 821

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screw it I pushed all the hair up so the my hairline is visible. Here is an update on that.
NW2?...You're NW0,mate...You just had diffused thinning on top and now you almost gained everything back.
You're lucky!
I wish i had your hair:(.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, not on minoxidil, I gave it two chances for 6 months each, maybe I called it too early but I'm happy with the decision. The application with the drug makes it a hassle for something that doesn't yield results.

I will have to show you more proof of guaranteed NW2 y'all. The hairline picture doesn't do a good job at capturing skull curvature around the hairline.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Random update. Hair is much longer. Hard to tell any changes as a result. Anecdotally, I have also found that longer hair makes thin spots look close to bald where when it's buzzed it gives a denser illusion. For instance my longer hair makes my miniaturized hairline all the more obvious.

I feel like I'm shedding, which I've heard is common in the 8-10 month period. Rarely do I hear of other users gaining back what they shed.

Pictures are in harsh lighting with hairline exposed and pulled back.

Also threw in a "styled" pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 744
  • IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 750

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, go back to the buzz cut, you look way better with it in my opinion.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You still your Juvenile hairline

Sorry for the late reply. Doctor said for sure I have male pattern baldness. I caught it early at a NW2 and growing my hair out some helps tons in covering the temples so I'm able to disguise it. In fact, I have to say some of these pictures are slightly dishonest. Maybe it's the atmosphere here or the stigma surrounding hair loss but the pictures I've shown don't highlight the worst of it. It's very hard to post less flattering pics online. :(

Anyways regarding an update: I'm closing in on my one year mark being on finasteride. The longer I'm on it, the more I'm aware of the milder side effects. My body hair seems to have reduced overall and my libido is great but not excellent. I've also been experimenting with combining medication and mechanical stimulation which I really feel is the proper way to address hair loss. I could go further into my experience with the "galea theory" but that tends to be met with harsher criticism here. I will continue to experiment with it and if it yields cosmetic results I will update y'all further.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you say to someone that is worried of experiencing RH or worsening while on finasteride? About nw1.5/2 aswell.
Watching King of the Hill atm btw :D

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you say to someone that is worried of experiencing RH or worsening while on finasteride? About nw1.5/2 aswell.
Watching King of the Hill atm btw :D

I'm a Bill too so I had to use him as my avatar. :)

To be honest, I've thought I've been worsening around the hairline. Granted I'm diffuse loss so it's a different game from those who strictly recede. I would tell you to take pictures and wait it out. Many worry if they are the odd one out and will worsen on medication. Like I said I'm coming up on my year mark soon and I've thought I was losing ground many times but when I compare pictures, I'm relatively stable. It may be in your head. If you have strong evidence that you are indeed worsening on medication, look into other treatments.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you didn't experienced a shedding when you dropped minoxidil ?

No, but I never saw an impact on my hair from using it. May have well just been putting greasy water on my hair. It seems reasonable to assume that those who respond to it will experience a shed but those who don't will be less impacted.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a Bill too so I had to use him as my avatar. :)

To be honest, I've thought I've been worsening around the hairline. Granted I'm diffuse loss so it's a different game from those who strictly recede. I would tell you to take pictures and wait it out. Many worry if they are the odd one out and will worsen on medication. Like I said I'm coming up on my year mark soon and I've thought I was losing ground many times but when I compare pictures, I'm relatively stable. It may be in your head. If you have strong evidence that you are indeed worsening on medication, look into other treatments.

I'm a diffuse aswell.. :oops:

...i tell you hwhat