WTF happened? :(

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
OK basically before June of 2010 I had awesome hair, completely awesome, it was just amazing, thick and full but all of a sudden, out of the blue it seems my hair started shedding, and by shedding I mean a stroke through my hair produced about 6-10 hairs and when I wet my hand and stroked it through my hair I lost about 10 hairs on the hand. However all of a sudden, just as it came, it stopped around the beginning of October 2010 and ever since I have hardly lost any hair, a stroke through my hair hardly ever produces any hair lost and the density has remained the same since the shedding stopped. However the huge shed has literally halved the density of my hair and after nearly 6 months now I haven't seen any improvement in my hair. Shall I go on the Propecia and minoxidil to regaine (No punds intended :hump: ) to get back what I once had?

cristi2011

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this is not male pattern baldness. And if it's true, you could benefit from minoxidil, and even keep the hair without having to use it forever.

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had the EXACT same experience as you. Same dates and all, an amazing coincidence.
I've been on finasteride and min all the time, no changes in regimen. It's very weird.

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Finnjävel said:
I have had the EXACT same experience as you. Same dates and all, an amazing coincidence.
I've been on finasteride and min all the time, no changes in regimen. It's very weird.
I haven't been on min or finasteride or anything, that's the thing. :p

This shedding phase just happened out of the blue and has left my hair density very, very low compared to what it used to be. :(

I am however thinking of taking finasteride and/or Minoxidl. Just scared about the side effects of finasteride though.

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were on the big three or something, lol. You'd better get on some meds and fast.

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Finnjävel said:
Oh, I thought you were on the big three or something, lol. You'd better get on some meds and fast.
But the thing is the shedding has stopped since october and no more hair loss has occured.