WS6-TA's story - (Back after a 6 year hiatus...)

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello members new and old,

HairLossTalk.com was a great source of info when I first began my quest to stop my hairloss. At 20 years old I noticed temple recession and a general thinning of my hair.

I began propecia in 2003 along with nizoral.
after about 8 months I reduced down to 0.5 mg finasteride daily. (I had a lowered libido on 1 mg) the only other side was water semen, no big deal really.

I continued finasteride for 6 years experimenting with eod doseges and even went down to 0.25mg daily and even eod. I began skipping out on doses for weeks at a time and really saw no sheds or drastic changes. But i would always pop a 0.25mg here and there.

In 2009 I had a new girlfriend with and extremely high sex drive, i found it hard to keep up and while using comdoms I was have having a hard time (no pun here) maintaining errections...

So in march 2010 I deceided to quit finasteride and see what happens to both my hair and my libido/errection issues. Here is what I observed:

-More frequent errections,
-morning wood back almost daily
-MUCH easier to get hard
-errrections last until climax achived.

-hair began noticably thinner after about 6 weeks
-hair colour is getting lighter ( was dark brown almost black, now a lighter brown)
-frontal recession accelerated
-more irritation within the scalp.

Now I am 26 years old, I feel hairloss is less of an issue to me. It sucks to lose hair but not worth poor quality sex life.

I am now on a finasteride free regimen:
this is what i take

-resveratrol/curcumin - reduced inflamition
-toco-8 anti-oxidant properties
-biotin
-spironolactone 5% in the am after shower, pm after work
-folligen spray, a few times a week usually after work
-fluridil before bed

After i stopped finasteride i was on no treatmentd fore about 3 months, which was stupid. i believe i lost a bunch of hair in that time. Then began spironolactone and noticed a reduction in shedding.

I have only been on fluridil for 1 month so i cannot comment on its effectiveness. I plan to use this regimen for 6 months to evaluate.
If i can maintain then i will conclude this as a success. I have always had 'fine' hair and am destined to be a nw4-5.

If i lose ground in the next 4 months I am planning to try RU58841, and maybe even go back to 0.25mg finasteride eod. we will see.

I dont wish to use minoxidil as I feel it wont give the results i need in the frontal region. I plan to get a fue hair transplant in the next 3 years and save the minoxidil for crown maintenence in the later years.

that is all for now.any questions or comments feel free to post.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Back after a 6 year hiatus...

Interesting long therm experience with finasteride :) Good luck on your 6 months

Halotd

Reaction score
I keep changing my mind if I'm going to try finasteride or not, most people note some sexual side effects and I'm not willing to go with that, since everyone gets these sides. I'm going to prob try Fluridil and if not, just Buzz my hair and deal with it ;-)

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you have an awesome attidude towards your hairloss, I think this is definitely the way to go regarding finasteride. You notice sides, you weigh the pro's and con's and your either drop it or you dont! Good luck with your battle and I think an FUE can be truely amazing on a NW4!

WS6-TA

Established Member
Reaction score
Regarding sides from finasteride: I feel as though the sides took a while to become really prevelant. While using finasteride when I was 20-24 years old, I had a very healthy sex life and could go back to back in a single evening. (I would say i had no sides.)

Even this past year (2009), Sex was still enjoyable and fulfilling. It wasnt until after I stopped finasteride that I realized I was infact haveing the sides. I may eventually go back to a 0.25mg finasteride dose since it did have a great effect on my hair quality.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey love the post and the candor. I'd like to know if the curcumin/resv and the topical spironolactone worked? I'd like to do the same regimen and get off on my internal anti androgen.