Wrinkles

Berserk

Reaction score
This is a little off-topic, so I apologize: I just noticed a couple days ago that I have this deep wrinkle on my forehead. I assume it has always been there, but dealing with hairloss has made me even more critical. My question is does anyone know of any good cream/lotion/etc. that would be good for wrinkles? I don't really have the money right now to get botox or something else. Thanks

The Gardener

Reaction score
Berserk said:
This is a little off-topic, so I apologize: I just noticed a couple days ago that I have this deep wrinkle on my forehead. I assume it has always been there, but dealing with hairloss has made me even more critical. My question is does anyone know of any good cream/lotion/etc. that would be good for wrinkles? I don't really have the money right now to get botox or something else. Thanks

Yes, I can help.

Pick yourself up a cream or lotion at your local drug store that contains 10% Alpha Hydroxy Acid. Look around, the 10% product is the highest available so you might have to rattle some cages to find it. Use it twice a day, right after you shower or wash your face.

It is the same chemical used in fruit acid peels, but at 10% strength it does not cause a 'peel' but merely exfoliates your face. Continual exfoliation (applying it 2x day) will stimulate cell turnover in your skin after about a month. I noticed a difference after about 2 weeks, and a significant difference after a month of usage.

AHA helps, added a lot of radiance and tightness to my skin and did a fantastic job at pretty much ridding a lot of the 'crows feet' lines near the sides of my eyes. The best treatment for wrinkles is Retoin 5% which requires a prescription from a dermo. I'd suggest this as your plan b.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a direct link between forehead oiliness and forehead wrinkles. The more oily, the less wrinkled. Shampooing with Nizoral or T-sal can make your forehead dry and promote wrinkles there.

avri

KeVlaR

Reaction score
tretinoin cream - used for acne and anti-wrinkle

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
At this point, nothing is going to take the wrinkle away. Using creams like alpha hydroxy are bad news.

I suggest a long term preventative approach. However, it's expensive.

Anyway, I could type a ton about this, but go out and buy the book "The Wrinkle Cure" by Dr. Perricone.

Nicholas

Reaction score
wrinkles suck but wait til you get bags under the eyes!

No don´t be afraid =) Maybe we are afraid to get older be it skin or hair?
There really isn´t much to do when it comes to forehead wrinkles since they aren´t real wrinkles. See them as laughter lines or something.
Most skin care products act as moisturizers and many do it very well. Your lines will get less apparent and several studies claim that retin-A is a good wrinkle reducer. BUT it´s very harsh on the skin for many people. Why not retinol??? Well I don´t think it has been proven to work but still many products contain it although the concentration varies a lot.
You still live with your parents? (heck I do=) That can be confusing to the mind because your´re in your childhood environment but still seeing a grown up man in the mirror.

Cheap cheap moisturizer: Nivea visage q10

Interesting against puffy eyes: Origins no puffery (argh wish I lived in the states cuz here in sweden they don´t have it

Check out http://www.skinbio.com they have some interesting stuff. Started using them 4 days ago but it will take at least a couple of months to notice any long term benefits.
Oh well in time youll surely find your new look quite ok. Who wants to be a baby face?

G

avri said:
There is a direct link between forehead oiliness and forehead wrinkles. The more oily, the less wrinkled. Shampooing with Nizoral or T-sal can make your forehead dry and promote wrinkles there.

avri

Do you have some references on this assertion. I have never seen this documented. "Wrinkles" are thought to result from skin cross linking/free radical damage. I don't believe having "oily skin" can inhibit that process.

:lol:

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
avri said:

avri

Do you have some references on this assertion. I have never seen this documented. "Wrinkles" are thought to result from skin cross linking/free radical damage. I don't believe having "oily skin" can inhibit that process.

:lol:

Bruce is correct. However, having dry skin is not good either, can cause wrinkles etc.