Wow

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
:freaked:

I've finished my 3rd bottle of propecia. Each one has 90 pills so thats approximately 9 months worth of propecia. Ever since I killed the first bottle, i've had on and off sheds that would make my pillow look like it was the one that found the cure for hairloss. Mind you, before using propecia all i had was a slightly receded hairline. I never really shed much at all except a few hairs here and there in the shower. I especially rarely shed any hairs on the pillow.

I have no improvement whatsoever in my hairline, in fact I dont really know whether it has gotten worse. I do know that I am still shedding 9 months in and my hair feels softer and more lifeless than its ever been. When will these sheds stop? :(

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
im also noticing increased shed.
i have always had some shedding in a certain amount mine has increased since i started meds i would say doubled.

but some posters using propecia longterm says they didnt notice the regrowth until at the end of the 12 month mark.

do you have dark or light hair? have your checked your hairline for black hairs popping up? i think some people might have regrowth but not notice it if they have really dark hair.

Reaction score
holyhair said:
i have always had some shedding in a certain amount mine has increased since i started meds i would say doubled.

but some posters using propecia longterm says they didnt notice the regrowth until at the end of the 12 month mark.

do you have dark or light hair? have your checked your hairline for black hairs popping up? i think some people might have regrowth but not notice it if they have really dark hair.

i started to shedd like crazy and i think it is due to finasteride but i do have many vellus hairs growing on my hairline and temples. it seems both discouraging and encouraging. i shed and shed but the only thing that keeps me going is the fact i have grown some vellus hairs on my hairline line. it isn't much but thats all i have. another thing that is conflicting is that i am thinning from the sides and back as well.

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
holyhair said:

Yes I do have dark hair (im asian). I do think there are some shorter hair popping out of my hairline area.