Would you reccomend FUE for this guy?

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
This guy (1st picture) has a very similar hair loss pattern to mine. Do you think a FUE transplant would be a good idea to add density? Also, how many grafts do you think it would take to get a good effect?

hair2.jpg

Last edited:

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
perhaps for the front. Thats pretty much my hair. WAIT HOW DID YOU GET MY PIC!?

Yeah. I got the pic from Bernstein's website. I see you recently had a procedure done. I am debating it myself.

Also, can you elaborate on your comment a bit. Why the front only?

resu

Reaction score
They would put all the hairs on the hairline and forget the rest. At least for me, I would be happy to gain a Norwood, meaning that I would look like the way I did at an earlier stage of balding. I would just put all the hairs in the middle, this way it would look like I just have temple recession and some crown thinning, instead of a pointless hairline with little hair behind it.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
They would put all the hairs on the hairline and forget the rest. At least for me, I would be happy to gain a Norwood, meaning that I would look like the way I did at an earlier stage of balding. I would just put all the hairs in the middle, this way it would look like I just have temple recession and some crown thinning, instead of a pointless hairline with little hair behind it.

So hair transplant Docs typically do not 'spot treat' hair loss patterns?

resu

Reaction score
So hair transplant Docs typically do not 'spot treat' hair loss patterns?

No, they just put all the hairs on the hairline or in some cases on the crown (or other bald spots), they need empty space to put the grafts.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, they just put all the hairs on the hairline or in some cases on the crown (or other bald spots), they need empty space to put the grafts.

thats not true

The guys who did mine did go into some of the thinner area in my direct front to be pre emptive and actually a few of the other consults said they wanted to do the same.

They can go between hairs with the current FUE tools. You will get shock loss of course but after regrowth it should be fine.