Would You Like Motion Detection Lighting Instead Of All Night Lighting?

Would you want motion detector lights?

• Yes, they sound good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I prefer all night lighting.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I'm an astronomer who loves dark skies. I assume many of you would love to save money and taxes from electricity but maybe want security at night.

If a light is on all night, you might not notice the burglar walk up to your neighbor's house. However, if there is darkness and then suddenly a light comes on, that would get your attention. It would also suggest to the burglar that he has been spotted. And it saves money. Did you know security light fixtures cost only $20? They are easy to install, can be set to stay on 1, 5, or 10 minutes, and can be turned on manually or left on.

Would you install one in your porch light? Would you want your city using motion detection in parts of the city with low traffic after a certain hour?

I guarantee most of you have no idea what you are missing as far as stars and galaxies in the sky.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
No...considering not all eyes are same..
It will be a problem to aged people who will get distortion while going from dark to light and light to dark in short span of time.

I know that money is going to wasted but..
having light at night makes every one feel safer on Roads...
Imagine looking at a road from your flat with lights on and with light's off on the road..

I live at a place where there is not much traffic at night.
So there is a good chance that Light will not be on for many hours of Night in case of motion absence.

In India,in smaller cities like mine,there is new trend to put very big Central Lights at squares on a pole that is about 30/40 Feet higher from ground.
Just like flood lights..
It is having very positive impact on public of all ages like kids and above 60 age population.
Many citizens are having a great opportunity to have a night walk on roads because of such street lights.

Last edited: