Would It Be Possible To Test Propecia?

prt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you test Propecia to see what the side effects would be long term or is there no way of knowing?

For instance, a week ago I took a 2mg pill of Fincar and the next day severe side effects began. Up until day 6, I had dizziness that was so bad I kept losing my balance at random times. But that has started to subside. As far as sexual side effects, I lost my libido completely and it's just now feeling like it's coming back. I could still get an erection but it's been softer with no arousal. Today I got morning wood twice which is a good sign.

If I were to wait for all the side effects to go away with a week or two longer and then lower to the doses to <0.25mg could I expect the same treatment and assume I've already tested the side effects so I can rule out something like permanent ED?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Why would you take double the dose? Do .5 everyday for 2 months and forget you're taking the pill. If at that point you're not happy with the severity of sides then get off the drug.

Why do people make this sh*t so complicated?

prt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was cutting 5mg into fourths and messed up but thought what's the harm if it's a little higher.

You didn't answer my question about long term effects either way though..

g.i joey

Reaction score
I was cutting 5mg into fourths and messed up but thought what's the harm if it's a little higher.

You didn't answer my question about long term effects either way though..

That's because no one can. Some people are hit with the plague by propecia apparently and majority probably have a slightly lowered libido.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your post sounds like you are imagining sides. I did too, I assume almost everyone does.

Of course you get sides from two mg.

Take 0.5 mg for three months and see what happens. If you have ed or boobs after that time frame stop finasteride and switch to ru or something similar.

If you are really paranoid, take your baseline hormone levels and compare after one year. finasteride sides are probably due to an estrogen imbalance that is inhibiting testosterone production and due to the disturbance of unknown neurotransmitters.

Very few people get sides, you probably won't.

prt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your post sounds like you are imagining sides. I did too, I assume almost everyone does.

Of course you get sides from two mg.

Take 0.5 mg for three months and see what happens. If you have ed or boobs after that time frame stop finasteride and switch to ru or something similar.

If you are really paranoid, take your baseline hormone levels and compare after one year. finasteride sides are probably due to an estrogen imbalance that is inhibiting testosterone production and due to the disturbance of unknown neurotransmitters.

Very few people get sides, you probably won't.

What do you mean imagining? They should be gone completely by now if I only took one pill? I was dizzy the whole week, it was horrible. And my libido was gone/still is a week later.

Are you saying I've already tested it and I should be good with a lower dose, I won't get ED just after 3 months and if I do it'll just resolve itself like it should from taking the one pill?

Last edited:

technoport

Reaction score
Finasteride disturbs your hormonal balance in known and unknown ways. Your body will modify the balance to accommodate finasteride into your system if it works. The time taken can be anywhere from 3 months or more. Trying 0.5 or 0.25 (preferred) is a good way to test. Throwing 1mg is a lot. I used 1mg for a month and it was worse. Then i cut down to 0.5 and it was ok, but was able to feel the sides. Then i cut down to 0.25 and i'm doing good. I will write a longer post with some pictures. Don't give up with people scaring you away. FInasteride is a very strong drug. You got to experiment your dosage. Not everyone can have the same dosage is what i learnt over the past 1 year. Keep in mind, it will take time for your body to adapt. And try small dosage with 0.25mg rather than 0.5mg. Small dosage is just as effective as bigger ones (1mg) if it is going to work for you.

prt

My Regimen
Reaction score
There could be a cure any year now, but if not I risk losing my hairline if I don't take finasteride. Decisions. But I think it's too risky, there's no point in having hair if you can't f*** lol. Might have been a good thing I took 2mg and got extreme sides if it scares me off of it.

Last edited:

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long are you sexual active?

Because when i was on finasteride i felt i have 0 libido THIS day, my girl came to my country (she is from Croatia - we meet each other ~~ 2 weeks for 3 months aprox.) and i just needed few *** shakes on my dick to feel like i am on v****.

So yeah, if you're a turbo masturbator guy dont think that finasteride caused it lol. Many people crying and screaming that they got sex side effects on finasteride while they beat their meat 2 times a day sitting on the front of monitor.

And yeah forgot to add, just read what ED is caused from.

Last edited: