Would going from .25mg to .5mg finasteride help me any?

Mitch97

Reaction score
Been on .25mg finasteride since 4/06. I'm about a Norwood 2, with a little bit of scalp showing on my crown where my whorl is and my hair parts.

Some people have experience regrowth on finasteride, and I've definitely had great maintenance and thickening. Maybe I can achieve more on a higher dosage.

The reason I'm on .25mg is for side effects reasons. For those of you who say that 1mg and .25mg yield the same sides are wrong. Perhaps the reason is that .25mg takes longer to build in the body that 1mg, but on 1mg my sides were alarming. I got all of the sexual ones. Scary. On .25mg I felt some sides but they were WAY milder and went away quickly.

Anyway, looking for any input on whether I should go to .5mg, or if the benefit will be negligible. Thanks.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I went from .5 to 1.25 and have noticed a thickening of the hair on my crown. I'd say it would be worth a try...as long as the sides stay away.

Mitch97

Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
I went from .5 to 1.25 and have noticed a thickening of the hair on my crown. I'd say it would be worth a try...as long as the sides stay away.

Great! Glad it worked out for you. Maybe I'll experience the same.

Did you experience any sides at all?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I don't believe so. If any, then possibly a slight drop in libido. However, work is kicking into overdrive for me right now, and I've been too exhausted to do much besides sleep as of late :p

Mitch97

Reaction score
I just take the regular 50mg zinc supplements you find at any store. ALWAYS take zinc on a FULL stomach or you'll yak. My stomach is so sensitive to it that I take half (25mg) right after a meal.

Rocky V said:
what are the best zinc supplements?

Edit: I said empty before. I meant FULL stomach. Man, I need to proofread.