Worried Nizoral has made me shed.

JohnJohn

Reaction score
I started using Nizoral a while back. But recently started using it very sporadically, sometimes even once a week. I have noticed some shedding recently and im worried it's from the Nizoral and how I havent been using it every other day like your really supposed to.

Can Nizoral have a shedding effect because your hair isn't used to it if you don't use it often enough? Do you think this caused the shed, and should I completly discontinue use of Nizoral or just get back into the swing of using it every other day?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It can cause a shed, it even says so on the leaflet that comes with it. But it will grow back.

Most important thing to remember is nizoral doesn't cause or exacerbate male pattern baldness but it might just fight it in the long run.

JohnJohn

Reaction score
Yes but if it causes me to shed more often than I normally would, that in turn would make me look more bald than normal more often.

Im considering stopping taking it so I dont have to worry about these sheds, what do you think?

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hard to say. I'd probably sop taking it if I was continually shedding for a month or so. If it was just a week I'd wait and see..

Shedding is a pain but it also might just mean its working as a treatment or your scalp is getting used to it.