worried about shedding on finasteride

themaniac

Reaction score
im 17.5 and my hair is really bad and i want to start finasteride and nizoral 1%

im worried about the shedding, if my hair sheds anymore it'll look really really bad and i cant wear a hat to college, so i dunno what i can do :/

WhyNot

Reaction score
Im 17.5 too still in high school, in your position. Look at it this way though, if you dont take it your going to lose more hair anyways. The faster you do the better, ive heard that it COULD cause some shedding but apparently its a good shed as mostly miniaturized hairs fall out which suggests regrowth. Im nervous to start finasteride too but if theres a chance i can get 10 more years of out my hair its worth taking even if it has to get a little worse before it gets better.

themaniac

Reaction score
WhyNot said:
Im 17.5 too still in high school, in your position. Look at it this way though, if you dont take it your going to lose more hair anyways. The faster you do the better, ive heard that it COULD cause some shedding but apparently its a good shed as mostly miniaturized hairs fall out which suggests regrowth. Im nervous to start finasteride too but if theres a chance i can get 10 more years of out my hair its worth taking even if it has to get a little worse before it gets better.

I pray to God I don't experience a shed, or if I do let it be minor, not 100+ a day I'll be Norwood 6 in 2 weeks lol

WhyNot

Reaction score
I wouldnt worry, i read a post on "balding blog" that said finasteride will never make your hair worse. Im sure thats not 100% true but im guessing if it did it would be veryyy rare

done

Reaction score
WhyNot said:
I wouldnt worry, i read a post on "balding blog" that said finasteride will never make your hair worse. Im sure thats not 100% true but im guessing if it did it would be veryyy rare
Well, I don't know what the percentage is, but it's definitely not "never", and I have my hair to prove it :shakehead: