Working Out After A Hair Transplant

emann123

My Regimen
Reaction score
is it okay to work out after a hair transplant while wearing a hat. I had one done about 20 days ago.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your surgeon should have given you detailed instruction including your plan for return to exercise. It depends on the type of procedure you've done, FUT takes a lot of time to heal and I don't know the details. FUE you don't really have to worry about much after 20 days, work your way up in intensity I guess. When it comes to contact sports there's some conflicting info. But run all you want or lift if you want. I would avoid going to failure, it's not necessary anyway.

shookwun

Reaction score
FUE after 7 days you are fine. Grafts are pretty much fully anchored, all though studies show grafts are permanently secure after 9 days.

FUT I would wait around 14 days and avoid movements that might stretch the back of your head such as pull ups and direct trap work. At this time the stitches will re removed.

in other words, You are 100% fine to work out.

emann123

My Regimen
Reaction score
FUE after 7 days you are fine. Grafts are pretty much fully anchored, all though studies show grafts are permanently secure after 9 days.

FUT I would wait around 14 days and avoid movements that might stretch the back of your head such as pull ups and direct trap work. At this time the stitches will re removed.

in other words, You are 100% fine to work out.
awesome thanks. ill just stick to jogging. Do you think wearing a cap while running will damaged the hair transplanted hair?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No a cap won't do any harm your grafts are fully sealed in, just watch out for the sun.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The packet I got said to wait a month post op before exercising