Wish me luck...

D

DanHLT

This will be my first day using Minoxidil! I just got the 5% in the mail and will try it on tonight before going to bed.

I will likely just stick to once a day as I am not too keen on using the 5% twice a day. Plus, I still have lots of hair and will only use it on the temples and the thinning hairline.

I'm scared of this new lifestyle change as well as possible side effects.. but it could be rewarding in a few months.

Anyways, please wish me luck guys!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Don't use too much, especially your first time. There might be some itchiness... Don't scratch!

D

DanHLT

Aplunk1 said:
Don't use too much, especially your first time. There might be some itchiness... Don't scratch!

Thanks for the advice, Andy. BTW, I checked out your hairlosshelp gallery, and you seem to have the same hairline/temple loss as me. However, my hair is grown out a bit so it doesn't look bad. When I had it as short as you last August, my hair loss was way more obvious. You should try to grow yours longer.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
DanHLT said:
Aplunk1 said:

Thanks for the advice, Andy. BTW, I checked out your hairlosshelp gallery, and you seem to have the same hairline/temple loss as me. However, my hair is grown out a bit so it doesn't look bad. When I had it as short as you last August, my hair loss was way more obvious. You should try to grow yours longer.

Such is my plan.

I know that my treatments are working now (knock on wood)... I'm going to let it grow a couple inches. If I like it, I'll grow it out long this summer. Just so everyone on these forums can hate me...

D

DanHLT

Good luck man. I was going to grow it long this year but my wife stopped me :D So now I keep it my regular length. My recommendation to you is, if you are going to grow it, part it a bit from the side... if you mess it up at the front and not part it, the hair loss will be more visible to people (that was my experience).

D

DanHLT

The female hairdressers will tell you that parting it from the side will make you look older. But I don't buy it ---- When I followed their advice to not part it, the thinning was more noticeable to close friends/relatives. Hence I looked older! ;-)

I actually look much better with the part from the right side. I mess it up a bit and don't use a comb.