wiseman's Story

wiseman

Reaction score
hello people, my name matt wiseman. im almost 15 and already losing my hear. the front hasnt gone back to much but you can see threw it a lil, and the back center is very thin. But its all being covered up by my long hair. it started out when i got my hair cut short a month into the school year, i neglected the fact that it was there and grew my hair out and forgot about. but then in december i started to notice a thining around the temple's, and was made fun of by my brothers(only two months later did my older bro start losing his hair, that showed him). so i blamed it on cold weather and went on. well summer has come and its goin even faster now. so im lookin for help, but i dont know if its genetics or caused by stress yet, because...
1) i went to my family practice about a month ago. the guy was no help, he didnt know anything about hairloss( and you could tell since he had a perfect full head of hair).so i left with no info. and my mom has been no help in finding a new DR, to go to.
2) it mite be genetics because i grew much faster than my age(im 6ft and look 16-17)so it could be the faster i grew, the sooner my hair decided to leave.
3)it could be stress cause for the past 4 and a half years, theres been none stop family problems, deaths etc.. and i've been stuck in the middle of it all.
im trying to keep my confidence up, and looking for solutions. :D

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
your best bet is to look at your family history, male pattern baldness can unforunately start that young at age 15, look at me, i started at 19.5, i know someone who was at Norwood 4 by age 19 yikes. so unfornuately it sounds like male pattern baldness, some doctors konw sh*t, read up on this site. you could try minoxidil, wouldn't suggest propecia just yet, your too young.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congrats you caught the thinning early and i did pretty much too, well i caught it at the end of my 16th year and now im on mid 17's. Its pretty tough to have a unmanagble thin hair that you have to think every minute but i think you should start take care of it now before its too late. I can see my scalpe clearly when i wet my hair and to avoid that fill those spaces to regrow hair im using minoxidil 2x a day and finished the first month, nothing happend really but im hoping something will in few months you never know how the treatment is going to work on you, maybe you will grow some or maybe more. So Get on minoxidil and nizoral, and start taking care of it now before it gets worse, And do not take proscar or anything like that dangerous at such a young age i would wait until 19. Just take msm or other hair vitamins if you would like to make the hairs healthier that you have now.

Good luck :wink:

lynne

Reaction score
salazam said:
i started at 19.5, i know someone who was at Norwood 4 by age 19 yikes.

The worst young balder i ever saw was a friend of a friend who was norwood 5/6 at 19. pretty sh*t, huh? never saw a guy my age more bald than that. At my uni department i notice 19 yr olds that vary from norwood 2s/3s and sometimes 4s. There seems to be a balding epidemic....