Will985's Story - (Lost a gf. Want to find another one)

Will985

Reaction score
i know that I have been losing my hair for maybe 5 years now, I am 24 and in that time the hair loss was gradual then I met my girlfriend this time last year, it seemed only I could notice how my hair was thinning. Over the last 8 months my hair has gradually got thinner and thinner, I still have a decent hairline which I am happy with but even with a g-2 cut it is obvious I am going bald, especially around the crown, think zinidene Zidane those of you who know football (european).
My girlfriend didnt say anything about me going bald but just said 'i dont think about you like that anymore' which struck a dagger through my heart, it felt like the more bald I got the less she liked me so to me she wasnt completely in love with me in the first place.
I have only been noticeably balding in the last 6 months or so but it seems to be going at an alarming rate leading one of my friends to state I think you will be completely bald within a year! I feel like I should have addressed the issue years ago and taken propecia when i realised but obviously it is too late now. I at this stage have decide on regaine (rogaine),minoxidil and nizoral I hope this combination will work but I would love to know out of the people who have tried it with approximately my level of baldness how successful it has been?

Will985

Reaction score
Re: Lost a girlfriend. Want to find another one

By the way, i went for a consultation with advanced hair studios. My god I was not impressed with what they showed me, my job is a building surveyor which im guessing they took as meaning im earning a lot of money (whichis untrue) and so they told me that their lazer option was £3800 for 6 months but could be £3000 if i signed then and there, I told them I woud give it a week to decide, a day before the time up came about they told me because of cancellations I could have it for £2800. The whole approach seems to be lazer treatment which u can buy for home use at £200 plus minoxidil which in the uk from boots it £70 for 2 months, anyone have any other input? The whole feeling I got was that they were sales people using a number of techniques to squeeze money out of me rather than people who actually knew anything about what they were promoting although the video wasnt so bad ;)

cuebald

Reaction score
I'm not convinced Laser therapy is worth the money. I haven't seen evidence of good results from it, and all of the pictures of users that show results also state those patients were on finasteride and minoxidil too.

I'd probably go on minoxidil, and if you want to maintain, go on finasteride too. No need to spend thousands of pounds (unless you want to go down the hair transplant route...)
I don't think hair transplant's are quite there yet either, they're a bit hit-and-miss. I'm holding out for new techniques myself.

I know a few people who's girlfriends left them when they became NW3/NW4's. I've also asked a few of them "Would you still fancy <boyfriend> if he was BALD?" semi-seriously (mostly for a laugh) - the guys with good hair all had their girlfriends say "hell no! I'd dump him" and the guys with bad, unmanageable hair had their girlfriends say "I don't care either way" :laugh:

Myself? I am single :laugh: