Will Women And Children Be At Risk If I Use Topical Finasteride?

benjaminfranklin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of people have been talking about topical lately, and I like the idea of it. The only problem is, as I understand it, finasteride needs to be kept away from women and children. So what if I have finasteride on my head and they come in contact with it? (Either from touching my head, on a pillow, etc).

Have any of the companies/dermatologists exploring and making these compounds for their patients given anyone insight into this issue?

Thanks

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s in my opinion one of the main reasons why there’s no topical FDA approved anti androgen drug on the market for hairloss. It needs to be used daily so there is a high chance all sorts of fucked up sh*t can happen because it’s very dangerous for pregnant women and to fetal growth.

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride is f*****g garbage and won't allow you to avoid sides. Any absorption that effects your hair will potentially result in sides. Not to mention that it will never be as effective as oral.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical finasteride is f*****g garbage and won't allow you to avoid sides. Any absorption that effects your hair will potentially result in sides. Not to mention that it will never be as effective as oral.

It's worked well for me, I take both

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you said it yourself , it is not as effective as oral , which means it inhibits fewer 5ars than oral , so it is quite possible side effects are gonna be milder.
About family members being in danger i dont believe they will absorb considerable amounts of the drug as long as you change your pillowcases often

abcdefg

Reaction score
Wouldnt the drug just evaporate shortly after you applied it anyway? People bring this up but your showering I hope so what else besides a pillow case would even come in contact with it?
When I use minoxidil like an hour or two later its a little greasy but most of it is gone. I guess it seems pretty far fetched to me that the tiny amounts left over are enough to cause some huge issue. Dont let her touch your head I guess.