Will the treatment be better if I cut my hair shorter?

tobyfan

Reaction score
When I apply the minoxidil, much of it is on the hair.
On ther other hand, some people tell me the longer hair is more vulnerable for losing.

Shall I cut it very very short, so that the medicine could be absorbed by scalp better?

Getting there

Reaction score
Regular hair cuts is good for the health of the hair. Also when you have hair cuts you shed hair that is ready to come out. This is good because this hair needs to come out for the new hair to grow from that bulb. By undergoing your treatment you are ensuring that new hair will grow from those bulbs, as oppose to no new hair growing when no treatment is followed. The hair grows back thicker and stonger each time.

Also, avoid wasting the minoxidil on the hair. It only dries it out. Part the hair with a comb and use a cotton bud to dab the scalp directly. The minoxidil needs to soak into the scalp to the root.

I have found having shorter hair easier to manage when parting my hair. It also looks healthier when it's short, with none of those dry frizzy ends that I had with longer hair.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As far as I can see the only advantage of short hair is that it would make it easier for you to apply your minoxidil to your scalp. As for your body doing anything from a hair cut this is like the masturbation causing hairloss. How does your body know that it's sex or masturbation and does the amount of tesosterone made by doing it have an effect? Similarly how does your body know you have had a haircut?

tobyfan

Reaction score
Thanks.

Another question is that how frequently I should wash my hair? I use Nizol 3 times a week, if I wash my hair every day, what kind of shampoo should I use on the rest days? H&S? I have much scurf and I heard H&S is efficient for removing it.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gonna_win said:
As for your body doing anything from a hair cut this is like the masturbation causing hairloss. How does your body know that it's sex or masturbation and does the amount of tesosterone made by doing it have an effect? Similarly how does your body know you have had a haircut?

gonna_win i dont think anyone said that only masturbation causes hairloss and not sex ... your body doesnt know the difference between masturbation and sex .. its the same thing to your body .... i think what they were saying was that masturbation / sex causes more testost. therefore is bad for hairloss

I mean i dont believe this and will be masturbating / having sex more than ever but i just had to correct you haha sorry

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Mines shaved all the time....1ml now covers my entire head :D

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
[quote="gonna_win":7a397] As for your body doing anything from a hair cut this is like the masturbation causing hairloss. How does your body know that it's sex or masturbation and does the amount of tesosterone made by doing it have an effect? Similarly how does your body know you have had a haircut?

gonna_win i dont think anyone said that only masturbation causes hairloss and not sex ... your body doesnt know the difference between masturbation and sex .. its the same thing to your body .... i think what they were saying was that masturbation / sex causes more testost. therefore is bad for hairloss

I mean i dont believe this and will be masturbating / having sex more than ever but i just had to correct you haha sorry[/quote:7a397]

I addressed the testosterone issue in my first post and the comment regarding masturbations was ana analogy to point out that a haircut does nothing for the health of the hair.

oni

Reaction score
Fallout boy what about all that T you produce doing a workout or even getting angry. I guess you could become a buddhist monk lol but then you would have to shave your head lol so what's the point.