Will the increase of mg dosage for finasteride cause negativ results

sidekick96

Reaction score
Been thinking,

If you read by below post, i went from propecia 1mg (used for 2 years) now switched to Fincar (Inhouse) and cut them into 4ths increasing my daily intake to 1.25mg. I'm a little over a month in and aside from the first two weeks of having minor nut ache, sides seem to have subsided. But what i notice now, especially in the shower, is that my hair has been falling out a lot more. Its a mix of both strong hair and weak hair. Hoping that i purchased the REAL Fincar, is this problem due to the fact that i increased my dosage? If so, should I cut them into 5ths and go back to my 1mg daily intake? Also, if my signs show that i am in fact taking too much, i thought that whatever the body doesn't need, it'll naturally flush it out. I am not sure how excess finasteride works with the body, can someone enlighten me on this? I already told myself i will finish the finasteride i have left, but i would like to go through it the best i can.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
phish said:
the propecia was real the fincar is not.

what makes you think its not real?

i ve been on finpecia and got great results so why would fincar be any different?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FreeloaderUK said:
more dosage= more chances of side effects

The increased risk of side effects from going from 1 mg/day to 1.25 mg/day is infinitesimal.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
FreeloaderUK said:

The increased risk of side effects from going from 1 mg/day to 1.25 mg/day is infinitesimal.

Would you say that about the decrease from 1 mg to .25 mg?

$tackz

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
FreeloaderUK said:

I think the main thing to look at here is that Bryan is not a doctor, he is just a guy who reads alot of online studies.

Take his advice with a grain of salt (meaning not seriously).

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
$tackz said:
I think the main thing to look at here is that Bryan is not a doctor, he is just a guy who reads alot of online studies.

True enough - but Bryan is one of the few people here who makes statements based mainly on scientifically supported research, which is more than can be said for most people on this forum.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly which is why I trust what he says to a certain degree and why I actually backed down to him in another thread because he's done his research, at least to the best of his ability. I can respect that.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
FreeloaderUK said:

According to one of the graphs you put up in another thread, I think the greatest decrease in serum DHT was between 0 and 0.25 mg then it flattened out between 0.25 mg and 5 mg. Ridiculous when you think about it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
medmax84 said:
Would you say that about the decrease from 1 mg to .25 mg?

That would obviously be more significant than going from 1 mg to 1.25 mg, because at a dose that low (0.25 mg), you're starting to approach the "threshold" level where significant changes in serum DHT can be detected.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
$tackz said:

Not that it really makes any difference how and where I get my studies, but I seldom ever "read them online". I get the vast majority of them from a medical library. I have literally HUNDREDS of them all around me here, and I've read and studied every one of them, some of them several times. And I'm talking about copies of the FULL studies, not just the abstracts.