Will Replicel And Histogen Still Work If You Have Had A Hair Transplant?

Jason Canning

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the answer to this question and give a very brief scientific reason for their answer. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. Broscience.

We don't even know if these procedures can give a cosmetic improvement on Virgin scalp. Anyway, the big 3 seems to do wanders with a hair transplant so I don't see why a hair transplant would hurt.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on anything currently known about them, an educated assumption would be that it should still work.

Reason I say that is that both essentially cause vellus hairs to rejuvenate. Since a transplant is taking hair follicles from one location and putting them in a spot where none are present, I don't see how existing or transplanted hair would get in the way of the product working as that hair will be affected by the product just the same.

It's possible that there is something currently unknown to us that means transplants could pose an issue, aside from scar tissue, but that remains to be seen.

Salomondre

Reaction score
Hey man I'm in the same boat so I've got to admit it stresses me too but I contacted Histogen a couple months ago so here's what they sent me:

Thank you for your interest and message. In response to your inquiry, patients with previous hair transplants were included in the investigator-initiated trial completed by Dr. Ziering, and saw cosmetic improvement in their hair coverage with HSC. As such, we do not believe a hair transplant or other prior hair loss treatment would impact the results a patient could see with HSC in the future.

Hope it helps