Will precise application of minoxidil minimise shedding?

vapomann

Reaction score
I just got on minoxidil twice daily about 3-4 days ago for my hairline and have been reading more and more about the shedding that is to be expected. My recede is unnoticeable unless i pull my hair back so im on minoxidil to try keep it where it is.

My question is, will only the hairs that i put the foam directly onto start to shed? I want to maintain my existing hairline as much as possible while still helping the weak hairs to grow back. If i was to keep applying it to the general area of the recede I'm afraid that the as-of-now healthy hairs behind it will shed too, which would change my hair from fine to noticeably balding. I know that the shedded hairs would grow back (hopefully) but in the meantime I dont want to be perceived as balding

If shedding happens in the 'general area' of application then I may be getting cold feet about the treatment. As an aside, if I were to stop applying it after only 4 days would there be any adverse affects at all from stopping?

GwenGwen

Reaction score
I asked the exact same question, some time ago. Here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...g-when-starting-minoxidil-your-opinion-please

I decided to go ahead and apply minoxidil where my hair is thinning, and not exclusively the edge of this area. It's been 2 months now, so I can't really see any results.