Will < Norwood 3 have to lose more hair before clone transplan

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Assuming hair cloning/multiplication comes out before any other treatment as the "cure" to male pattern baldness, will the "not so bald" have to first remove their scalp hair by laser hair removal or electrolysis in order to be considered by doctors for a hair cloning/multiplication transplant?

Or can we just shave our heads, have the procedure performed as if there is no hair there, and then (and this sounds SO nice) have SUPER THICK HAIR?!

I'll go postal if I am told "Sorry, but you aren't bald enough to undergo the cloning transplant procedure. [You'll just have to endure more torturous years of balding until you reach a Norwood 4. Then you can come back.]"

The Gardener

Reaction score
If they give you any crap about 'not being bald enough' then just slip a few Franklins into the docs hand while you shake it.. saying to him in a firm voice, 'Doctor, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way'... then very confidently seat yourself back down at the consultation table as if you completely ignored his comment.

And if that doesn't work then pin him down in his chair and say 'Well say hello to my little friend' while you pull out your cell phone and 'pistol whip' him in the face with your Motorola flippytip. Repeat process until compliance is achieved.

Sure, you'll spend a few weeks in county, be on probation for a while, and have to lecture high school kids about self esteem for a few years as part of your community service, but you will have one f*****g amazing head of hair, buddy.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Will < Norwood 3 have to lose more hair before clone trans

elguapo said:
Assuming hair cloning/multiplication comes out before any other treatment as the "cure" to male pattern baldness, will the "not so bald" have to first remove their scalp hair by laser hair removal or electrolysis in order to be considered by doctors for a hair cloning/multiplication transplant? "

Man, that's what I call overthinking.

If this technique becomes available and is proven to be safe and reliable, you can declare a national holiday. You will have no more worries, (assuming you have the tens of thousands of dollars it will take to get results.

There will be no more need to come to this wonderful forum. In fact, there will be no more HairLossTalk.com forum at all, instead, just a link to one of the many doctors, who will be booked for years and years to come.

It will be a new day. I'm serious.

G

Yupp and it will probably look much better if you still have some of your old hair - to generate natural thickness.

I´m hoping for ... well I´m not betting anything on hair multiplication, but hoping for stemcells to really burst onto the scene within 7 or so years.

I think that it might be wishfull thinking but it is the future and will concern all parts of the body - which means that hair research will benifit from cumulative research.

Everyday medical science is making progress and this is one of those areas that will benifit the most.