Will I respond to finasteride? Think ill have to try it

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
35.5 year old, thinning inwards on the left temple accompanied by occasional burning and itching in this area. This has been a slow process over a number of years. No crown loss at all and almost no loss on the right side. I have no chest or back hair. Beard only starting filling in at 30. Have read people with low body hair don't respond so good?

Past 3 weeks on zix with needling 2 to 3 times a week. I have also cut out all masturbation, only sex allowed.

Surprisingly I seem to experience a lot less itching and burning from my thinning area at the moment However I will wait to see if I stop shedding from the same place as I can easily remove 3 to 4 hairs with a light pull whereas else where on my head its only one or none. Giving it another few weeks but I don't actually think it will work.

As for finasteride. Any thoughts in its effectiveness given my age, thinning pattern and body type(not hairy)?

Many thanks.

Pic from a few months ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-121326_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-121326_Chrome.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 95

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends, do you want your hairline to migrate to the back of your head? If not then you should get on finasteride and quit being in denial there's obvious thinning in the front. No experimental natural drug will cure your receding hairline
I've read finasteride doesn't work well in frontal thinning and that people with very low body hair don't respond well either. I'm just wondering if there is any truth in this?

I don't expect the zix to or no fap to help. All I can say is so far I'm not nearly so itchy as a month ago.