Will I Lose My Gains If I Reduce Dosage ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have been for 1 year on big 3. nice results, but i used 4/4,5ml minoxidil 5% each time . i'm diffuse thinning from the hairline to the vertex so i need to cover a large area with the liquid.

it gave me an ugly puffy face and dark cicles under the eyes

if i reduce the the dosage from 4/4,5ml to 2ml ( not covering every angle of the scalp) will i lose part of my gains ?

Last edited:

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think within a certain threshold you will be at least maintaining your gain. I saw no difference when switching from twice daily to once daily. Most people had similar experience so I think your case is comparable. That being said, if you're reducing because of puffy face, I don't think reducing dosage will help either.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think within a certain threshold you will be at least maintaining your gain. I saw no difference when switching from twice daily to once daily. Most people had similar experience so I think your case is comparable. That being said, if you're reducing because of puffy
face, I don't think reducing dosage will help either.[/QUOT

Thx bro.
Why do you think reducing dosage wont help ?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it has an accumulative effects, and the skin aging it causes is an progressive process. If you reduce dosage maybe it will help with black circles but for facial skin you have to cut down the source so that your skin has a chance to repair itself. It's like you can't step on the gas and hold the brake at the same time. Just my personal thought though. And I didn't see any difference on my face when I reduced my dosage either.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes it makes sense. however time ago i used 4ml on damp scalp, now im using 3ml on dry scalp. and ankles recover a lot.
maybe with less drug , some cardio and drinking a lot water will help

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sh*t ! i was reading some users that reported even after quit minoxidil they recovered the normal face after 3 months ! im fucked