Wig? Why not?

Reaction score
I mean, this seems like the only fool proof way to get a perfect NW1 set of hair that will frame your face perfectly. If there is no other way and if you don't have money or enough hair for a transplant - why not a wig?

T

TravisB

if you don't have money

Good wigs can be f*cking expensive also. The more realistic the wig is, the more expensive it is.

Enrique Iglesias' or William Shatner's wigs must have costed a fortune.

Reaction score
TravisB said:
if you don't have money

Good wigs can be f*cking expensive also. The more realistic the wig is, the more expensive it is.

Enrique Iglesias' or William Shatner's wigs must have costed shitload of $$$
The worst thing is you cannot focus on making money when you are dealing with male pattern baldness. And you cannot fix male pattern baldness with shitload on money. It's like a never ending cycle of death.

T

TravisB

Yeah, it's quite sad that practically every aesthetic flaw is fixable nowadays, but not BALDNESS (well, you can get a transplant, but if you're a high Norwood then nothing is really going to help you)

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
For me even if a wig improved my appearance by leagues, there would still be the inferiority issue of not being able to grow my own hair lurking inside me. I don't just want to look better, i want the ability to grow hair.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Yeah, it's quite sad that practically every aesthetic flaw is fixable nowadays, but not BALDNESS (well, you can get a transplant, but if you're a high Norwood then nothing is really going to help you)
what about height?

yea i agree tho, glasses, hairiness, can be fixed

idk much about plastic surgery for bad facial aesthetics tho

Reaction score
Rotting Inside said:
I mean, this seems like the only fool proof way (...)

Really? What if you meet a girl, relationship develops, etc. Would you tell her about the wig or keep her in the dark? It would be hard to keep it secret. What do you reckon her reaction might be if or more like when she finds out the truth about your perfect nw1?

slipy

Reaction score
:whistle:

what if without the wig he doesn't even get to meet the girl and a shot at developing the relationship in the first place?

at least with the wig he has, a slim perhaps, but still a chance nevertheless.

Reaction score
Zeroman said:
TravisB said:
what about height?

yea i agree tho, glasses, hairiness, can be fixed

idk much about plastic surgery for bad facial aesthetics tho
Even height can be fixed. There are leg lengthening surgeries. Costly, painful, but will get you additional 2-3 inches in a few months. There are shoe insoles.

Really? What if you meet a girl, relationship develops, etc. Would you tell her about the wig or keep her in the dark? It would be hard to keep it secret. What do you reckon her reaction might be if or more like when she finds out the truth about your perfect nw1?
Well, I already have a girl and I know she wouldn't mind, but if it was a new girl and I found her to be attracted to me, then yes, I would tell her. Not right away, but pretty soon. I'm pretty sure a girl won't care if you look good in society. Girls want guys to look good so they can brag to their girlfriends. I think a girl would rather have you wear a wig than be a NW4-5.

what if without the wig he doesn't even get to meet the girl and a shot at developing the relationship in the first place?

at least with the wig he has, a slim perhaps, but still a chance nevertheless.
For one night stands the wig would help a lot. You would never need to tell her you was wearing it.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
You can get pretty nice wigs for a fairly low cost. See: top lace.