Wig Help Advice. New To Wigs For Hair Loss

Leslie5555

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 41 years old and need to buy a hairpiece I have had extreme hair loss in the past three months I was diagnosed with hirsutism in 2009 and took Spironolactone for eight years it worked great, until recently doesn't seem to be working anymore. I have a couple frenz who are black who wear wigs and they look great. they don't look like fake hair or wigs at all. I am white and when I put on a wig it looks like a wig. Anybody have any advice on wearing wigs and how to make them not look so fake? even the real hair wigs look like a wig to me

Mellie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want something that looks real, look into human hair wigs. They are expensive but probably look less fake than synthetic. Follea is the rolls Royce of wigs. It’s very fine European human hair.

You can also look into toppers. I’m personally interested in the Uniwig Claire topper. It’s cheap and human hair. I am not at a point where I need one but I want to be prepared in case I continue to shed and quite frankly I probably wouldn’t mind a little more volume.

Good luck, it’s not easy to navigate all of this.

Fortunecookie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever thought of intralace or something like that? Especially if you think a wig will always look like a wig on your head.

whitepeaches88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello! I'd like to give you some advice for what worked for me. I use to have 2.5 feet of hair, but I gradually lost all of it in Spring 2017. I was diagnosed with telegon effluvium with an unknown trigger and high cortisol levels. During this time, I was undergoing a lot of stress and was not eating properly. Fortunately, my hair is growing back and it looks exactly as it did with my original strands of hair. Currently, I feel like its best to invest into a good quality wig whether synthetic or not if you don't intend to change your hairstyle all the time. I am asian who had long, beautiful hair, so I had a hard time choosing a wig that made me feel comfortable. TresseAllure is a japanese brand that worked well for me because you can alter the part line as you please and it didn't have the itchy lace touching my forehead. It cost more than the average synthetic wig, but it lasts much longer and looks real in my opinion. I get compliments all the time with it and a majority of my friends could barely tell the difference. I hope my advice helps you as you seek one that makes you feel great! I know how trouble it can be, but if you find a good wig shop who will take the time to show you your options it'll be worth it.