widows peak..question

joe32

Established Member
Reaction score
i am 32 been slowly balding 7 years , about 4 months ago i stsrted propecia and rogaine ii can see a slight difference in the vertex where before there was visible scalp about the size of a tennis ball now i have lots of fuzz and part of the area has sarkened up hoping for improved succes over the months..my other problem is on the hair line the widows peak i have a bald spot well the treatment there has prolly gained me about 6 hairs, so im thinking of a hair transplant for that area my question is will it look natural ?and will if i continue balding will it leave an island of hair just in that spot that will look unatural perphaps ridiculous this is what i am afraid of ..my guess is i need about 50-75 hairs only in this spot it really hasnt changed in years i just get tired of looking at it.kinda looks like mariano riveras widows peak a few years ago if anyone ever noticed,, can someone please give me some good advice. :hairy:

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well you've come to the right place to combat hair loss.

Yes you can keep you hair, or so I think.

Use finasteride or dutasteride if you are serious about keeping your hair. There are topicals to help you out too. Minoxidil, spironalactone, ell cranell alpha may help, and phenytoin. Copper peptides and/or superoxide dismutase, topical and oral l-argnine (to stimulate nitric oxide), and there is more. Get the transplants, my guess is you'll be fine when it comes to your existing hair.

G

You should really consider staying on the meds until you have at least one year behind you. It sounds like you are experiencing some re-growth already and hopefully you have more coming. Surgery is something you can always do however the small area that bothers you is probably not noticed by most people.

If you start doing surgery at this stage, yes you could advance the hairloss on your hairline related to shockloss. A very small procedure may not produce much shock at all. You may also want to consider using a scalp makeup like Dermatch to disguise that small area.