Why Turkey & not India or elsewhere for an FUE procedure??

Berba11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Very, very long time lurker here! I've just had two online assessments for FUE (after reading these forums for years and years, on and off). One Turkish clinic, and another in India. I've had fairly differing initial assessments from my submitted photos, but I'll come to that another time...

My question is... Why Turkey?

The two clinics I've been looking at are Armamed (Dr Demirsoy), and Eugenix in India (Dr Arika & Sethi). For a long time I had my heart set on Demirsoy (one patient per day, performs extractions & incisions himself, good reviews and body of results online and only 1.25EUR per graft).

But for the same price (give or take depending on the chosen package), I can go to India and get an FUE procedure at Eugenix. Their results look fantastic, they use microscopes ensuring no double or even triple grafts in the hairline (which seems a common issue even among the better Turkish doctors, and something I was/may still be able to look past in Turkey given that Demirsoy's work looks very natural regardless of the odd wrong graft in the wrong place), they are on Joe Tillman's "recommended" list (which I think is a very strong endorsement worth considering), the amount of time the grafts are out of the body is reduced through the DHT method which seems to yield quite fast results and as mentioned, the cost difference is negligible (even less expensive on two of their packages!), especially for what seems a top level clinic ( which I'm very open to being challenged on this - that's why I'm making this post!!).

So I'm somewhat personally struggling to see why Turkey looks a better option all things considered. Direct flights to India from the UK are about 8.5 hours. London to Istanbul approx. 3.5 hours. So we're talking only an extra 5 hours on a plane and about £150-250 extra in flight costs. That seems a fairly trivial trade-off for superior quality of FUE - assuming, of course, the quality of work, the follow ups/aftercare and of course the results are indeed superior and natural. And the cost of surgery in Turkey in India is approximately the same. It's certainly a damn sight cheaper than Belgium or the US, which is far beyond my own budget, and, I expect, most others'.

Is India a path less trodden simply because Turkey is so popular and many do not do much research regarding other options elsewhere in the world? Is India more popular for Brits/Europeans than maybe I actually realise? Is there something I'm missing (maybe Eugenix, for eg, isn't actually that good at all and someone will save me a potential hazard!!).

Would love to hear your thoughts and input.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turkey is closer and I personally think standards will be higher there. If I was living in Oz or Asia I might consider Eugenix

Berba11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turkey is closer and I personally think standards will be higher there. If I was living in Oz or Asia I might consider Eugenix

Hi Capone, thanks for your reply!

Proximity to the UK/Europe is most definitely a primary consideration, though what I suppose I'm looking to test is... Should a few extra hours on a plane - assuming all other price considerations are reasonably equal - be any factor at all? I say this as someone who was dead set on Demirsoy & Turkey up until just a few weeks ago.

On Eugenix - if, for argument's sake, it was based in Turkey, but with the same doctors and with the same results and so on that they currently have, would you still plump for a Turkish doctor, or go for Eugenix? I'm trying to establish what other people's view on them are, and whether they are worth that little extra plane time and airfare. To me they very much seem so, and it's completely flipped my plans to go to Turkey. But naturally I want to challenge my own assumptions on this.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was only considering Turkey - Demirsoy & Bicer , I've heard Eugenix's name being thrown around lately. Their most expensive package is around $4 USD a graft though which is quite expensive.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Capone, thanks for your reply!

Proximity to the UK/Europe is most definitely a primary consideration, though what I suppose I'm looking to test is... Should a few extra hours on a plane - assuming all other price considerations are reasonably equal - be any factor at all? I say this as someone who was dead set on Demirsoy & Turkey up until just a few weeks ago.

On Eugenix - if, for argument's sake, it was based in Turkey, but with the same doctors and with the same results and so on that they currently have, would you still plump for a Turkish doctor, or go for Eugenix? I'm trying to establish what other people's view on them are, and whether they are worth that little extra plane time and airfare. To me they very much seem so, and it's completely flipped my plans to go to Turkey. But naturally I want to challenge my own assumptions on this.
Not sure tbh.. i had two places in mind.. Asuman & Esma Serkan.. both do similar tight work, On the Turkish transplant forum Esma was charging 12000 lira but when I enquired it was €2500.. they do have a better seaside location but since Asuman charging the same, I’m booked with them in Sept

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eugenix is on my shortlist when it's time for a hair transplant. Their results are first class and I've heard nothing but good things about the customer service