Why People Say Soak The System Into C22 Or Alcohol? Its Doesnt Damage The Piece?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First i mean damage the hair not the piece, Well for cleaning, i have read a looooottttt , and many times read that should soak the sysstem 24 hours or thing like that,
but what happen with the hair? it will get dry and damage

thanks

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
First i mean damage the hair not the piece, Well for cleaning, i have read a looooottttt , and many times read that should soak the sysstem 24 hours or thing like that,

thanks
I believe soaking a system in c22 or alcohol is a terrible idea. There is no reason tape or liquid adhesive cannot be removed with alcohol or c22on a rag.

I'm sure C22 and alcohol damages the hair and affects the quality of the knots on lace.

I wear a poly and assure you, if you saturate the system the little holes where the hair is V Looped through the poly will allow that liquid to go down between the two layers of poly. This is essentially lubricating the v-loops... making it a lot easier to slide out of the poly base and shed.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

thanks
to answer your question,some people soak their system when they can't remove glue residues using regular cleaning methods
or when some exceptional situations occur, such as glue seeping through lace. They don't do it weekly or at every attach-detach.
You should be able to remove your system and clean base without dipping. however, I have regularly done it for lace pieces when the glue seeped through and got caught in hair, without damaging base or hair.

Hairsystem suppliers & companies provide info on how to soak your system, such as
https://www.hairdirect.com/learn/hairsystems/maintenance/basecleaning/solventsoak/mostbases

https://www.hairdirect.com/learn/hairsystems/maintenance/basecleaning/solventsoak/thinskinbases

https://www.newhairline.com/blogs/hd-skin/how-to-effectively-clean-adhesive-from-your-scalp

when i get glue build up or seeping, I personally use goo gone and soak, Never had issues with lace or hair damage.

my personal experience...

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Poly/UTS may require a small amount of soaking to get the adhesive loose enough for removal so it won't tear (especially the very thin ones).

2. Lace is a big issue. Whether it's tape, white, or clear glue that you are using, sometimes the adhesive gets deep into the lace, and you will need to soak it in order to get the glue to dissolve enough to get out of the lace. Rubbing will just push it in deeper. You need to get it good, and loose, and rinse it out.

I found no difference between Goo Gone and C-22, and use Fairy Liquid, since Dawn is not available here (Israel), but works the same.