Why My Identical Twin Is Norwood 0 And Me Norwood 2,5

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys , i don't understand , i jumped on propecia as soon as i was Norwood 0,5 , and now i'm almost Norwood 2,5.

the strange thing is that ive got an identical twin with no hairloss , just a perfect hairline .

im currently on propecia , minoxidil and dutasteride . So what the f*** is happening . is it the propecia free testosterone sh*t ruining my hairline , or minoxidil which worsen the situation . f*** life in unfair.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
If he doesn't experience hair loss, he should give you his donor hair. Jk, but seriously, imagine the legit density you could achieve with twice the donor

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
If he doesn't experience hair loss, he should give you his donor hair. Jk, but seriously, imagine the legit density you could achieve with twice the donor

You're a genius. I had never thought of this possibilty in twins.

So the situation is:
- one twin uses propecia -> thins
- one twin uses nothing -> does not thin

Are we in the presence of a genome that up-regulates DHT as soon as propecia tries to decrease it?

These twins should be studied by Merck & Co!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
but that is really strange , because we are identical twins . And maybe the treatment are worsening my hairloss .

I started as soon as i see some slight recession , and now im worse . If a guys with no male pattern baldness used minoxidil , could it ruin his hairline ? can propecia ruin the hairline too?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ive got a perfect mid scalp and crown , but my hairline is receding. And my brother has got no sign of male pattern baldness. He never take any med .
ive ever been obsessed with my hair that is why i wanted to take all the chance to keep it with the treatment , but it seems they worsened my loss. that is crazy .

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started as soon as i see some slight recession , and now im worse . If a guys with no male pattern baldness used minoxidil , could it ruin his hairline ? can propecia ruin the hairline too?

Some say it does.
@buckthorn can testify propecia ruined his hair and is still doing so.
For me, it worked in the past, but gave me side effects. Trying it again. If not working, going straight to dutasteride.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
propecia didnt ruined my hairline , i never had a shed but slow miniaturisation .

However ive got the feeling that minoxidil is ruining my hairline . even if Norwood i dont lose hair anymore , maybe 3 per shower. that is just strange

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am maybe Norwood 2 - 2,25 . But the strange thing is that i started treatment with almost a perfect Norwood 0 hairline .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
first i started to worry after an accutane treatment . i didnt lose hair but i read the side effect on the net , and i started to become obsessed with it . first it was some bdd , always checking my hairline .

in order to have some peace of mind i jumped on propecia , and after 18 month on it i was worse . so i added minoxidil and it is even more worse after 4 month. Ok i'm not Norwood 3 and my whole scalp is perfect , but my hairline has receded .
And im angry because maybe if i had done nothing to treat my hair i would have been in a better situation.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
my twins briefly took propecia for 4 month and stopped because it bothered him.

And he also tried minoxidil to thicken his hair but he got a shed , but he is still Norwood 0 .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing is that ive never noticed shedding , just slight miniaturisation at the temple . But when i introduced rogaine i had a shed . Now i lose maybe 3 hair per shower but my shed hair has been replaced with vellu hair .
I'm frightened that minoxidil make me shed thick hair in order to be replaced with thin wispy hair .
f*** that .

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
but that is really strange , because we are identical twins . And maybe the treatment are worsening my hairloss .

IMHO any med that can alter hair growth cycle, it will be nefast for a healthy hair, more if it is used during long time.

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's only your hairline that's receding, you can always get a hair transplant. I know two identical twins where one is receding a little bit faster than the other.

Hmm, I dunno; in the second pic (the first one doesn't show), their actual hairlines don't look far apart if at all; it seems more like an illusion caused by the twin on the right's bangs.

@michel sapin : Yeah, it's odd. A friend of mine is balding and has an identical twin (or at least they look enough alike to be mistaken for each other even as adults) who isn't. Your twin might also be destined for baldness, but something happened to either accelerate yours or delay his. You could have an unlucky mutation on a gene that contributed to baldness, or he could have a lucky one. Maybe it's not male pattern baldness but something else that has hair loss as a symptom. Hell, you and your twin could very well be fraternal twins who just by sheer coincidence look exactly alike. Genetics are so crazy.