why is the masturbation topic closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
??...

no one can claim to hold the absolute truth about it. I'm skeptical as anyone but am still interested in speaking about it.

Or is it a just prudish decision?

Stingray

Reaction score
It's the decision of the big guy of the forum. Question his authority all you want, but his decision is final. This board is far from public. You are posting because HairLossTalk.com has graced you with the priviledge. If he thinks a topic should be closed, then by all means, that's his deal.

His word is law b**ch. :)

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray,

you told us he's got the right and means to do it. Not WHY he did it.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Andrew would probably have posted another "Yes it does!" post, muddling the issue. HairLossTalk.com just had the power, and knowledge, to deliver the final word. I stand by his actions 100%. Theres no point in scaring the n00bs, as they might give some weight to Andrews far more extreme viewpoint, as Andrew feverously believes his sources are reliable (which they arnt.. this guy thinks male pattern baldness comes from the mothers father, for christsakes,. just one myth after another) and would never have been able to prove otherwise, but still would not have stopped arguing his point.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Because the thread was growing so long and pointless. The board is for facts and discussion on hairloss, but threads like that give people the wrong impression and fill their heads with wrong ideas becuase it was so rediculous. I think that locking that thread is what separates this forum from the other hairloss forums... for the better, IMO.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
khai said:
??...

no one can claim to hold the absolute truth about it. I'm skeptical as anyone but am still interested in speaking about it.

why? because it may have been the stupidest thread ever made on this board.

G

Healthy Nick said:
khai said:
??...

why? because it may have been the stupidest thread ever made on this board.

There you go! :hairy:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Reasons the thread was closed:

1. He was wrong.

2. He was repeating himself.

3. He was taking a theory and stating it as a fact.

4. The masturbation jokes were overtaking the productive discussion

5. He was wrong.

6. I don't want to be responsible for 5,000 lurkers thinking masturbation causes their hair loss simply because they see "Masturbation causes hair loss" at the top of the forum every day for 2 weeks.

I have an obligation to them to minimize the risk of misinformation, and unfortunately, humans see titles and many times walk away from it without reading the thread. 90% of the things I do that *seem* shady are really just drawing the line because Im torn on how to protect the uninformed newbie lurkers, which make up the vast majority of the readers of this forum. I never do something with purely malicious intentions.

HairLossTalk.com

G

There is a lot to be said for masturbation. Many of us would not have survived teen age years without it.

:hairy:

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
still i'm not convinced having sex (or masturbation) doesn't increase the amount of dht in the scalp. I'm not convinced of the opposite either.

and saying "there's no study proving that it does" doesn't mean much as long as there's no study proving that it doesn't. If one wants to be rational and rigorous, one needs to be both ways.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
khai said:
still i'm not convinced having sex (or masturbation) doesn't increase the amount of dht in the scalp. I'm not convinced of the opposite either.

and saying "there's no study proving that it does" doesn't mean much as long as there's no study proving that it doesn't. If one wants to be rational and rigorous, one needs to be both ways.

Dude, what the f*** are you trying to get at here? Masturbation and sex have nothing to do with hairloss. We have been having sex since existance. We are made to do it, we always have, and we always will. If it had any effect whatsoever on hairloss, every male would have some form of hairloss in their early teens. That's your long term study right there. Think about it.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
If it had any effect whatsoever on hairloss, every male would have some form of hairloss in their early teens. That's your long term study right there. Think about it.

Everyone produces dht but not everyone reacts the same way to it.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
khai said:
If it had any effect whatsoever on hairloss, every male would have some form of hairloss in their early teens. That's your long term study right there. Think about it.

Everyone produces dht but not everyone reacts the same way to it.

Listen man, masturbation has nothing to do with hairloss. You should be worrying about more important things, like diet, lifestyle, the available vitamins, supplements, drugs, and how they work.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
khai said:
saying "there's no study proving that it does" doesn't mean much as long as there's no study proving that it doesn't. If one wants to be rational and rigorous, one needs to be both ways.
Khai -

Honestly I think you just want to argue. Additionally, I've noticed that nearly every post you make has at least some sort of dig in it about the philosophy of this site and our requirements for scientific thinking.

If you don't like what we stand for, as nearly 100% of your posts reflect, you really should find a site that thinks the way you do so that you'll be happy.

HairLossTalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.