Why Is No One Looking At Electrotrichogenesis Seriously?

Diffusion

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! New here.
I'm a 22 year old from India. I have been losing hair since highschool. I face MBP and diffuse pattern with the diffusion being more severe. Hair looks terrible..
I don't have a regimen.

This post is about a particular study that I found online:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2397975/

I don't have access to the paper but I read the abstract and it claimed great things.

You might have heard about electrotrichogenesis before(that device from a Canadian company; biophysica) but it's not the one that was used in the study..

shop.biophysica.com/articles/285.php

Scroll down and read the part "Advancements on the Technology since 1990:"
There they cite the above study and another, say how their device has more tech in it than from both the studies combined (??!)
Oh and they have also increased the levels from the original study by 100 times because why tf not?

But this post is not about their product/prototype, they're free to do what they want with it ofc..

I'm a student of electrical engineering and the original device from the study interests me.

Here's a follow up study from the same group:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1478771/

That is huge! Right?

So I'm gonna see if a friend can access those papers and find out what they used. If not, I might just pay and access the paper..

I'm confident I can build something similar if I knew what it did really.
It doesn't hurt to try.

I don't think anyone recreated the same device used for the study, hence maybe the negative reception of electrotrichogenesis? Guess I'll find out..

Oh and just a small ending note: even if the device doesn't work, electro and phototherapy are going to cure many things in the furure, if not only just baldness..

Feedback/thoughts appreciated!
Have a nice day!

Last edited:

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha everything can cure hair loss even electricity!

Surely the equipment is very precise and unique? Good luck though, it's interesting at the least.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Polichem's topical? I don't remember reading anything about phototherapy being involved..
Maybe I missed something?
http://www.beIgraviacentre.com/blog/study-explores-treating-male-hair-loss-with-topical-finasteride/

Diffusion

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha everything can cure hair loss even electricity!

Surely the equipment is very precise and unique? Good luck though, it's interesting at the least.
Lol xD

Probably so. I'll try and get a hold of the paper soon and update here..