Why is everything a felony these days?

CCS

Reaction score
I thought felonies should be murder, rape, armed robbery, grand theft auto, etc.
But giving a can of beer to a 20 year old is a felon, as is tampering with your registration stickers so they look up to date. If you lie about your address, or read someone's mail, it is a felony. I believe many of these deserve jail time and a record, but not a felony.

I think the reason everything is a felony these days is it is a conspiracy to take away our guns. If they can pin anything on you and make it a felony, then you can't own a gun anymore.

You may think this is crazy, and they would never do this to all of us. Think again. With plea bargains, often you accept the charge, and they drop the sentence, but you walk away with the felony. They don't have to put everyone in jail. They just need the felony on your record so you can't vote and can't own a gun.

My other theory is that the "get harsh on crime" laws are pushed by the people who own prisons. $45,000 per prisoner is good money. Now we would not want them voting a stop to this after they get out of jail, so no voting for anyone who is a felon.

The Gardener

Reaction score
CCS said:
I thought felonies should be murder, rape, armed robbery, grand theft auto, etc.
But giving a can of beer to a 20 year old is a felon, as is tampering with your registration stickers so they look up to date. If you lie about your address, or read someone's mail, it is a felony. I believe many of these deserve jail time and a record, but not a felony.

I think the reason everything is a felony these days is it is a conspiracy to take away our guns. If they can pin anything on you and make it a felony, then you can't own a gun anymore.

You may think this is crazy, and they would never do this to all of us. Think again. With plea bargains, often you accept the charge, and they drop the sentence, but you walk away with the felony. They don't have to put everyone in jail. They just need the felony on your record so you can't vote and can't own a gun.

My other theory is that the "get harsh on crime" laws are pushed by the people who own prisons. $45,000 per prisoner is good money. Now we would not want them voting a stop to this after they get out of jail, so no voting for anyone who is a felon.

CCS, I recommend you read this... flip through, its several pages long and well worth the read:
http://www.dunwalke.com/introduction.htm

HughJass

Reaction score
CCS said:

no, that's just paranoid.

yes, that's more feasible.

Politicians, police and private prison services love building little empires for themselves.

CCS

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Do you have any guns CCS?

You ask me lots of personal questions. Are you stalking me?
If I did not have a gun, I would not want anyone knowing since that would mean criminals would know I'm an easy target.
And if I did have a gun, I would not tell everyone because I don't want criminals knowing what I have and being able to plan ahead --- better to take them by surprise.
My best move is to not give anyone any info, and let them spend more brain power wondering about the possibilities.

cuebald

Reaction score
Ah yes, America, land of the free. Where judges conspired to send kids to juvenile for no reason in return for cash kickbacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

What would the founding fathers think if they found out that copyright is 99+ years and that you can have your property confiscated for selling organic vegetables without a permit?

HughJass

Reaction score
CCS said:
finfighter said:

If I did not have a gun, I would not want anyone knowing since that would mean criminals would know I'm an easy target.
And if I did have a gun, I would not tell everyone because I don't want criminals knowing what I have and being able to plan ahead --- better to take them by surprise.
My best move is to not give anyone any info, and let them spend more brain power wondering about the possibilities.

I hope you don't own a gun.

oni

Reaction score
CCS said:
finfighter said:

Take them by surprise.....................................with a screwdriver and a plastic bag........................... :whistle:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
oni said:
CCS said:
finfighter said:

Take them by surprise.....................................with a screwdriver and a plastic bag........................... :whistle:

Haha, you won't ever let him live that down, will you?

Nene

Reaction score
I heard CCS stands for college chemistry student. I also hope he doesn't have a gun.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I know he is originally from Houston, Texas. Shame I never got to meet him for drinks, could have been one of the greater things to happen in the OT section of this board.