Why finasteride (propecia works)!

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
I am new to this place and have been balding since I was 19 yrs old. With all things, stress caused the initial activation of hairloss. Like most people searching the internet my first port of call was regaine / rogaine (2% minoxidil). As you are young and like to party, I was rather lazy and applied the stuff on and off. 2 years down the line, my frontal hairline did not recede that much and I did not know if the stuff was working. Low and behold, I dropped the stuff completely and my hairline hair just shedded away. Panic buttons hit, and I quickly went back on 5% minoxidil (regaine) and tried a couple of concoctions of revivogen and some sh%t plant extract rubbish. What scam products [ revivogen and plant sh%t ].

I had enough and shaved my hair to a no.1 [blade] and kept this for 2 years. Lucky for me the women loved this and this was fine.
23yrs old and started to grow my hair again and my frontal hair was a disgrace. Guess what? Jumped on the propecia [1mg finasteride] bandwagon and this was brilliant. Only swallow a tablet once a day. Being lazy, I dropped the minoxidil completely and have always kept my hair no longer than a size 3 to 4 and two on the sides and back.
Running its course, 8 yrs down the line and still on Propecia, I have kept my hair.

Only recently due to stress my frontal hairline has crept up again. I jumped on to using the spectral DNC lotion and have been using this for 5-6 weeks coming now. Vellus hair has grown through.

Check my blog.

If you are wondering why I have not jumped back to regaine / rogaine is because the stuff irritates my skin. I have tried liquid form (2% / 5%) and 2% gel from regaine and both have caused irritation. Only the spectral DNC lotion (5% minoxidil) has not caused dry skin. Only downfall is that if you don't massage the stuff properly it will stain your skin yellow.

I think you can see my regime on this forum. Any questions feel free to ask.

Moony

Reaction score
Nice man, so you said you kept your hair, but did propecia regrow any of what you lost?