Why does my hair not grow as long as it used to?

G

Does anybody else get this? I find that even in the non - male pattern baldness areas my hair grows nowhere near as long as it used to and also grows a lot slower and would grow at a snails pace if I didnt take MSM.

Could this be something other than male pattern baldness affecting hair growth length, dietary, thyroid, etc?

:cry: :!: :freaked2: :freaked: :x :evil: :( :!: :-x

G

Ive found MSM to be very useful, its certainly helped to increase the speed of my hair growth and improve hair condition.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How old are you? Hair growth naturally slows down as you get older.

G

Im 30. I had longish hair in my mid 20`s then male pattern baldness kicked in, over the last few years and ive had difficulty in growing it more than say about 6 inches long since then.

Ive seen plenty of old guys with male pattern baldness who can still grow there hair long at the back.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. I am thinning in the frontal center of my head, and whenever it's time to get a hair cut, I notice that the hair starting roughly an inch behind my hair line is longer than the hair in front. I think it is because the frontal hair, though I am not losing it just yet, is growing slower.

I think hair growth slows down before the hair goes bye-bye due to male pattern baldness, so this *might* explain it. But then, it has been this way for me for the last year, and they are still there! So I wouldn't worry about it too much.