Why do I even bother?

TooYoungTooBald

Reaction score
Pretty much everyday I check this board, I also check the BaldingBlog daily. Today I happened to stumble upon this: http://www.baldingblog.com/2009/11/10/w ... -propecia/. It's just about what to expect after a year on Propecia and it's all the stuff I already know, and then I read the last line of the first paragraph. That is definetely me right there, I'm 18 and nearly NW3. I went from NW2 to NW3 in less than a year, I'm no expert by I think I'll probably be a NW7 by the time I'm 23. My hair line is NW3 but the density is really thin, I mean really thin. So if a regular guy with male pattern baldness can expect a slight thickening of hair on the top and a possible slow down of frontal hair loss then what can I expect? The worst thing is I went a few days without checking and I usually only read the first page, if I didn't check I would never have read it and the fate of my hair would have been the same but at least I'd be happy about starting Propecia (which I haven't yet, but will). I just don't know what to do, my life is a mess all because of my hair, what a vain, balding piece of sh*t I am.

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, you're only 18 years old! You can do whatever you want with your life!

You have a hell of a lot of years before your physical peak and your brain is still in the stage where you can learn things easily. You can seriously do whatever you want. Screw hair. Think about it this way, going bald younger, you're going to get over it sooner. If you start today working on yourself and working on a career, you wont give a sh*t about being bald when your 23.

Trust me, I'm 24 and I wish I had of started taking productive steps towards my career when I was 18.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, you are so young and you have aggressive hairloss. It sucks, but i think the best you can do is to accept it, be patient, and find other ways to improve your looks-attitude. The possibilities if your start treatments are not by your side to win this battle. Just accept it, try to be successful in other activities, and also get on treatments, but don't get paranoid and obsessed with hairloss. It will distract you from studies, your anxiety over it will affect your mood and your relationship with other people etc. Living and fighting with hairloss sucks. Even if you have good results for a while, it's 100% guaranteed that you will make the same thoughts 3,4,5 yrs later.

Sometimes i wish i had never start treatments, i would be a nw3 now but it wouldn't distract me from other activities, i see my friends who have accepted that they will lose some hair and they live better lives than i do, they have less things to worry about. On the other hand i cannot just throw all this efforts i've did so far, almost never skipped applications and maintaining a nw2 for nearly 4 yrs.

My point is that this is a battle that sooner or later we will all lose, the most important thing is to become a successful person in life.