Why are there not scalp transplants,like a liver transplants

G

The are experimenting with tranplanting dead guy hair in several places.

The problem is rejection of the donor tissue. Rejection drugs are real
nasty things and in many cases do more damage then good.

foo2

Reaction score
indeed, i don't think it's worth going on anti-rejection drugs just for a head of hair, that probably won't work any way

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
foo2 said:
indeed, i don't think it's worth going on anti-rejection drugs just for a head of hair, that probably won't work any way
A little creepy.

Lopfraze

Established Member
Reaction score
wasn't there a simpsons halloween special on this?

snake was electrocuted and his full head of hair was transplanted onto Homer's bald scalp. then the hair infiltrated homer's brain and took control of him and he tried to kill Bart.

a cautionary tale indeed.

shookwun

Reaction score
A surgery that can potentially ruin your life drastically if something goes hay wire.

No thanks.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I expect medical complications of skin transplant vs vanity are not worth the risks for most. I once read that skin transplants are the most likely to be rejected.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they need to do some work on cloning. surely they can clone a piece of scalp skin with the corresponding hair? this would have your own DNA hence wouldn't get rejected by your body. I have heard of them growing new ears and hearts in the lab; why can't they clone and grow a new scalp on one of those mannequin heads and you can get an entire scalp transplant of your own DNA thick hair