Why Am I Losing Hair? Hard Skin On Scalp

KirstySG88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction as it seems my GP just keeps throwing medicated shampoo at me without naming what I'm actually experiencing.. so I don't know what route to take.

I've been losing hair now for around 4-5months, mainly whilst washing it - to the point I'm cleaning out the drain a couple of times during a wash, the hair is coming out in quite large quantities.. my hair is becoming very thin.

I'm 29, female - I'm on iron tablets due to low iron levels so I guess that could have a big impact however my main thoughts base on my scalp condition - I have what is like a very hard thick layer patches of white/dead skin.. if I peel it away the hair comes with it.
Some of the patches have no hair growth there at all anymore (I guess it can't grow through the hard skin).. I've taken some photos of the patches and of what happens if I pull some of the skin away.

Thankyou for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_5886.JPG
    IMG_5886.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_5887.JPG
    IMG_5887.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_5888.JPG
    IMG_5888.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 375

Roxxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not a medical professional but you may want to Google lichen piloplanus. I wish you the best!

galil

Reaction score
It looks like a build up of sebum, dead skin and whatever product/shampoo you are using.

I was in a similar situation couple of years ago, I had developed SD (seborroheic dermatitis) and at the end I had to resort to shave my hair down to skin level, this in some way alleviated the condition making the scalp easier to breath and keep clean. yeah I know it's not a viable solution for women. Also was using a product called ps-liquid, pretty much what does is helps removing/lifting thick scales from people who suffer from SD.
It's is a harsh product so don't use too much.